1. G x's rating of the film Rey

This is a really remarkable feature. There are arresting visuals throughout, some nightmarish, dreamy, others evoke a strong sense of place and wonder. The approach taken by Attalah works perfectly for the subject matter. A mysterious tale that I will want to revisit.

2. Hayley&Colin's rating of the film Rey

"Where is my kingdom?" (Where is my life?) A beautiful, poetical film.

3. Superfrog's rating of the film Rey

It wasn't the fIlm, it was me. I was just not ready for this film. Experimental image and plot lacked the old bourgeois coherence and the modern rythm that sustains my attention.

4. Zachariah Rigby's rating of the film Rey

Lots of nice visuals, and some interesting ideas, but not enough substance for a 90 minute film. At the end I was left wondering what the film was actually "about", as none of the various themes that are briefly hung on the bare-bones narrative are developed in any way.

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Rey

Arresting visuals and a dreamy, fractured narrative don't quite make up for the feeling that many of the scenes are disconnected from one another in a way that keeps the film a bit too distant from the viewer.

6. Eriugena82's rating of the film Rey

Quite uneven, sometimes slips into what seems like strangeness for it's own sake, but by the end the overall effect left me engaged with it. On the whole definitely an interesting film worth seeing if you like this sort of thing, at various points it put me in mind of Herzog (Aguirre/Fitzcarraldo), Wheatley's A Field in England, or the experimental films of Kenneth Anger.

7. Maciek Piatek's rating of the film Rey

Even though it's an Avant-Garde piece still makes sense and have a narrative structure, liked it a lot

8. qw0aszx's rating of the film Rey

9. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Rey

Engrossing. Not so much my kingdom (as we would tend to assume) as 'their' kingdom: the indigenous people, nature and indeed myth. The use of papier mache masks was intriguing. They are perfect in conveying a crude, partial sense of the real person beneath whilst being in themselves a form of artifice and having an aura of dilapidation and transience.

10. Cristian Necsulescu's rating of the film Rey

11. Andrew's rating of the film Rey

A strangely wonderful cinematic journey through the psychological yearning of ambition and Quixotic daring to an increasingly incoherent world of primal myth, hallucinatory nightmare and feverish desire. The narrative progresses through free association and the stark power of the visually evolving images. The journey, even given its logical incoherence is burning with avant garde energy that is curiously mesmerising

12. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Rey

Part film, part art installation, with papier-mache masks. Pieces together the historical fragments of the archive with artistic license and a terrific ambient soundtrack. Blow your mind.

13. Renton47's rating of the film Rey

Rey wants to blow your mind but it's more a contact high, goofy and endearing but we still await transcendence. It signposts a number of enticing reference points - Maddin, Herzog, Ruiz - but I suspect will always be related to them. Should we make 'spiritual biopic' a thing? Shouldn't they all be true to psychic terrain, dreams and their decay, rather than historical detail? 3.5

14. Leah Shaw's rating of the film Rey

http://www.cineuropa.org/nw.aspx?t=newsdetail&l=en&did=322478 Review on Cineuropa.org