1. Lucia0550's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

On ne peut dénier au film une étonnante fraîcheur visuelle, mais la thématique obsessionnelle actuelle du réalisateur (le danger du nucléaire) est bien trop romantisée pour vraiment en stigmatiser pleinement la folie et les risques... www.cinefiches.com

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

4. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

The lost art of sweeping the past under the carpet.

5. espaçonimas's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

Uma oportunidade a não perder: cinema de qualidade por apenas 4€ e em projecção 35mm! A partir de dia 29 de Agosto, no Espaço Nimas, um ciclo com obras clássicas do cinema japonês, incluindo RAPSÓDIA EM AGOSTO de Akira Kurosawa, CONTOS DA LUA VAGA de Kenji Mizoguchi, entre outros! Tudo para antecipar a estreia das versões restauradas dos filmes de YASUJIRO OZU.

6. emichan's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

Richard Gere main film Kurosawa-sensei!!

7. William Low's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

"Let us all meet again to join in the beyond"

8. A47's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

I had trouble with the structure, child acting and reading. Rojaku beauty but lacked yugen for me and there wasn't enough hana to make up for it... The blocking was aesthetically pleasing, but the 90s university t-shirts really turned me off. Still, a couple of really great scenes... Worth a watch.

9. l's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

An examination of the generational divide in post-war Japan and how the atomic bomb figures into the lives of those who experienced the bombings and the people who now live in that legacy. Told through a slow, almost poetic story, 'Rhapsody' falters in some places, but the scene in which the children examine the memorials donated to Japan by various world powers makes for a harrowing statement.

10. Ckatan's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

Impresionante película, reflexiva, conmovedora y hermosa. Indudablemente un trabajo del gran Kurosawa.

11. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

A pretty good later film of Kurosawa's that is a beautiful but sad story of the gap between generations in relation to war. While the ending could've used work, Richard Gere does good and Kurosawa's usual great direction sidestep that.

12. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Rhapsody in August

I would pair this film along with his 1955 feature "I Live In Fear" as one of his most personally outspoken but beautifully lyrical works about his major subject in the contemporary dramas he made. Also, I had no idea Richard Gere was that fluent in japanese.

13. All Is Grace's rating of the film Rhapsody in August

A great movie in the shadow of The bomb.