1. pierce.giurintano's rating of the film Rich and Strange

As of all of Mr. Hitchcock movies, "Rich & Strange" offers us the same amazing movie techniques. The comedy stirred into this movies plot is not something I am normally aware of in Hitchcock's toolbox. The same can also be said in the way the film uses some of the silent era of film suspense with a little voice acting here and there, so you are technically getting the both of both worlds. However, the film was boring

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Rich and Strange

Dramatic comedy about marriage and the necessity of having a child in order to cement it. Autobiographical. Highly recommended.

3. Brian's rating of the film Rich and Strange

A film that keeps you intrigued throughout. Alfred Hitchcock is a classic director, and does a good job of keeping viewers on the edge of their seat. This film is considered a thriller, and after watching it. I would have to agree completely. The film holds a classic element to it as well, which can still hold up today. The acting throughout the film makes this picture stand out even more. The characters stand out.

4. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Rich and Strange

Finally! An early Hitchcock film that looks like a Hitchcock! Check out the camerawork in that opening scene. He's learning his craft and crafting one of his trademarks. Unfortunately, that's the only thing notable about this film. The rest is mostly forgettable.

5. Nick Potter's rating of the film Rich and Strange

A much stronger effort than the previous piece. Rich And Strange has a snappy pace and much quicker dialogue to keep things moving, and it's much easier to follow. It's quite a bit of light fun that is rather inconsequential in the end, but that's not always a problem.

6. Greg's rating of the film Rich and Strange

Money is always a tricky beast, as this married couple learned the hard way. It is not the typical Alfred Hitchcock that I am used to seeing, but the mix of comedy with the uncertain is a feature that only can be found in the directing style of a director like Mr. Hitchcock. Hitchcock greatly incorporated aspects of the silent movie era with aspects of use of voice in film. The perfect mix of suspense and romance.

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Rich and Strange

Another very early Hitchcock comedy. A little more enjoyable than some of his other early work. I think it was because of the quirkiness of the ridiculous story. Some set pieces worth watching, but overall this is very forgettable. The story is all over the place, so it is what it is. I guess we all have to start somewhere.

8. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Rich and Strange

3.5 stars. One of my favorite Hitchcocks. Very free-form and witty.

9. Loz Loory's rating of the film Rich and Strange

Has many of the themes Hitchcock later used in his suspense thrillers: are husbands trustworthy? are wives trustworthy? are people who they claim to be? how would a "normal" person react if put in a particular situation? Great interweaving of travel footage with studio sets to create world of international ports. Loved the husband's face in the seasickness shots. Hard to hear him speak so nastily to his wife though.

10. Aardsy's rating of the film Rich and Strange

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Rich and Strange

>>> "Home sweet home" version Hitchcock, c'est succulent, drôle, sarcastique... www.cinefiches.com

12. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Rich and Strange

4.5 The title "rich and strange" describes it perfectly.

13. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Rich and Strange

14. Hikaru's rating of the film Rich and Strange

A rather episodic comedy, but there were so many wonderful and inventive moments that I didn't mind the abruptness at all. For me this is the first satisfying talkie by Hitch. With this feature, he goes back to the visual storytelling and utilizes sound in a way that enhances it.

15. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Rich and Strange

filme rico en ideas y extraño por sus cambios de tono

16. chanandre's rating of the film Rich and Strange