1. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

The plot definitely is common and not so well developed but somehow this was watchable and enjoyable just because of Meryl Streep. Her energetic performance sustains the entire movie, her character as well does that too. She brings so much laughter and emotion evan to a simple story about broken familys. The music was more than ok even though I can not say it's even my favorite. 7/10

2. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

3. Vincent T's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

there are good moments, but ultimately ruined by gimmicks and a manipulative distrust in audience intelligence

4. Mar J's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

5. larsmars's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

just imagine how cool this movie would be if she played harsh noise

6. Gabriele Pumo's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

7. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

The performances are a hit but the plot is a miss (and a mess).

8. Diego Rodrigues's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

I loved watching Streep singing...

9. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

10. maudiniz's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

11. Renton47's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

Has all the airs of being an interesting examination of the intersection between the carefree attitudes of the babyboomer generation and the neuroses that their children managed to develop subsequently. However what starts promising quickly becomes toothless, as the film appears happy to let bygones be, and afterall doesn't personality account for something? Terrible misfire ending.

12. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

Demme goes soft and Strip doesn't really know what the fuck she's supposed to do here, but it's not all that bad (maybe).

13. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

Higher rating than it deserves, mainly out of sheer surprise that Cody could inspire emotions in me. But maybe we're all just confounded by Streep's performance. My recent cynicism about her lately came to a full stop; this is her best character since The Devil Wears Prada. The "Drift Away" scene, where musical performance marries drama and has a beautiful tearful baby, is the key one. Squares circles, otherwise.

14. Michael Peer's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

This is a lovely, warm film that is fun for the whole family. Meryl Streep is fantastic as always, having the time of her life. It's enjoyable but won't stay with you long. It's an interesting addition to Demme's oeuvre. Sadly, a prime example of a film that shouldn't have used a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

15. lapalela's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

As corny as you would think. Only watched because Carmen Carrera had a small role in it, she did not disappoint though!

16. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

this is personally, my favourite perfomance by meryl in a long time. although there were moments of sentimentality and a patchy and predictable script, i enjoyed it and am glad to see different roles appearing within cinema for women over a certain age.

17. spiderliliez's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

Some critics didn't find this as good as it actually was. Meryl Streep was more likely right about the ratio of male and female critics across the board. There are just more men sadly who thinks differently. I found this film nothing but an absolute delight. Meryl and her endless talents. She sang and played the guitar. And it's a good family story you can share with your kids. Damn, just chill and just enjoy this!

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

I was very sceptical, yet Streep managed to develop quite an endearing denouement to redeem this. Not one of Demme's classics, but there is enough of merit to make this passable.

19. Janae's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

Very fun and cute movie to watch with my grandma.

20. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

21. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

"Un buon film per famiglie, come quelli anni '80". @Marco T ha spesso ragione. Cast eccellente, ritmo discontinuo. Film estremamente godibile

22. jooley's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

Pleasant enough, although it felt more like an extended video than an actual feature film, in spite of the runtime.

23. chanandre's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

I wanna see on either the blooper reel or the DVD extras, the complete versions of Streep covering "Bad Romance" &'Get The Party Started'!I wish her tribute song was Suicide's "Dream Baby Dream" (also covered by Springsteen). Arguably her best performance in more than a decade.Not since 'The Hours' or 'Adaptation', has she been this controlled, understated, subtle & moving,without overacting or "going for the Oscar".

24. patríciapinho's rating of the film Ricki and the Flash

As my boyfriend described during the ending scene, "High School Musical for grown-ups". I watched it without knowing it was written by Diablo Cody, which makes me want to rewatch it in order to look for clues of her involvement in this. Although, according to everyone else's reviews, I doubt I'll be successful. Overall average film that honestly didn't deserve Meryl Streep.