1. Johnny Christiansen's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

I miss many a good movie on Mubi, but then again I miss just as many on the boundless depths of the watch lists of streaming services as HBO and Netflix. Luckily I caught this remarkable one just before it passed my event horizon. If you like movies a little out of the ordinary don't miss RIO 2096: A STORY OF LOVE AND FURY if you ever get the opportunity to watch it

2. Duck Waters's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

Loved it. This might sound bad, and I don't mean it that way, but more than anything I'm impressed they pulled it off without it being hokey. I tried to write time-traveling romance when I was a teenager and it was awful, so hat's off. This is a great gateway to history, not only of Brazil, but any struggles for social justice, and a reminder that you're writing it every day.

3. The Accidental Film Club (Paul)'s rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

Very charming and a lot of fun. Ferngully-meets-The Animatrix but for grownups. Would happily watch more of this stuff.

4. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

I wonder if Luiz enjoys meat sauce on his spaghetti, I sure do. "My heroes never got to become statues. They died fighting against the guys from the statues"

5. Graceful Photon's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

Uh, wow. A thoroughly depressing and yet somehow hopeful examination of the evils of colonialism and capitalism, and the communities that continue to resist them. A challenging animation that serves simultaneously as indictment and call to action.

6. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

Final score: 7. Storyline: 8, Originality: 7, Cinematography: 7, Involvement: 6, Sound: 7, Editing: 7, Educational: 8, Title design: 7, Acting: 0, Interesting: 7, Unusual: 6, Exciting: 7, Superior: 7

7. captainfez's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

Part BLADERUNNER, part regeneration tale, part revolutionary drama. Spectacular.

8. Rory Dunn's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

The film provides interesting context on the history of Brazil and how various points in history bleed into and reflect upon one another. Very engaging and ambitious, though possibly to a fault. The animation took some getting used to on my part, and never truly dazzled me, but was still used effectively for the story they wished to tell and the themes of rebirth and retribution that run throughout.

9. panagiotatos's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

5,5/10 unconvincing story with the single purpose to fit the entire history and anticipate the future of Brazil in a revolutionary perspective. I also wasn't excited about the animation's style.

10. mnpanetsos's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

I have no words about the sensibility, emotion and passion this movie has be made with. Clear message, clear emotions, pure love for the goal of this film. I really liked all the metaphores, all the intensity and real approach of history.

11. Korial's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

The most interesting part in terms of visuals, ideas, social critique is actually less than twenty minute long. The rest of the movie is basically a dull (but visually gorgeous) translation of an history manual of Brazil. **Way too ambitious

12. nica's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

I can't comment on the film's accuracy but the film is really ambitious, and pulls it off for the most part, which is impressive especially in its short time (to these non-Brazilian's eyes, anyway). The other reviewer is right about uh, how every reincarnation is on a lighter-skinned body, which I guess speaks to how the country identifies itself?

13. Ankush Samant's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

A unique storytelling that weaves a thread through the history of Brazil. After every trough of fury, there is a crest of love that brings back a glimmer of hope. This movie touches the heart of the viewer at multiple levels - which one are you ready for?

14. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

It focuses on some issues from Brazil's history but it lacks consistency between them. And why everytime Cau and Janaína reborn they became whiter?

15. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

Highlander in Rio de Janeiro. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2015/03/uma-historia-de-amor-e-furia-rio-2096.html

16. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

★★★ History is immortal.

17. msmichel's rating of the film Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury

FNC '13 Incredible achievement in animated storytelling. Luiz Bolognesi's history lesson/ fantasy story is one of the strongest films to emerge on the festival scene this year. 600 years of Brazilian history are seen through the eyes of a young Indian sworn to battle the emergence of evil. From the early settlement wars, to genocide, to student protests in '68 to an imagined water deprived future: awe inspiring.