1. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film Rio Bravo

3.5 - the old fella was everything

2. Carolina Frade's rating of the film Rio Bravo

3. Walker's rating of the film Rio Bravo

A western which is riveting, affective, and moving in all the right ways. I love the characters as they develop, and the musical scenes. This is just what I needed.

4. Blumes's rating of the film Rio Bravo

“Every man should have a little taste of power before they’re through.”

5. Oliuj's rating of the film Rio Bravo

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Rio Bravo

Dean Martin's signature role playing an alcoholic gunfighter with a beautiful singing voice. Angie Dickinson has never been more glorious and sexy either as four men try to hold a bad guy in jail while getting attacked by a local group of evil men. It is pure western classic worth every minute of seeing it.

7. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Rio Bravo

Dean Martin was the star of this movie. He was so wily and seductive. He snuck up on you, as he did in "Bells are Ringing." I think he would have been embarrassed to be called an artist, which is what he was.

8. Matthew Floyd's rating of the film Rio Bravo

One of the few westerns that I actually adore with all my heart.

9. bryanvmh's rating of the film Rio Bravo

10. Kamran's rating of the film Rio Bravo

A really beautiful character film, where Western elements serve as a backdrop for a more pronounced drama of a group of people coming together for a cause, and of building relationships based on moral similitude. Besides the many mishaps in continuity, this is a true masterwork, and as far as Westerns go, sits there up with Johnny Guitar, a kindred film in its focus on people rather than action. 92/100 - Amazing.

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Rio Bravo

4.5/10 e Carpenter è un cazzo di genio per aver concepito Distretto 13 partendo da questa cosa

12. Aardsy's rating of the film Rio Bravo

Technically great, but just going through the paces.

13. cyrildruesne's rating of the film Rio Bravo

14. -REM-'s rating of the film Rio Bravo

15. FISCHER's rating of the film Rio Bravo

Un classique du western qui se revoit avec une tendre nostalgie et une émotion toujours présente et vive, tourné par le grand Howard Hawks, un des plus hétéroclites et des plus brillants metteurs en scène américains de l'époque. John Wayne est vraiment sublime dans son rôle mythique du Marshall John C. Chance et Dean Martin émouvant dans sa stature d'alcoolique déçu par une femme... www.cinefiches.com

16. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Rio Bravo

17. adam's rating of the film Rio Bravo

18. Steve G.'s rating of the film Rio Bravo

How can you not love a film which basically decides to take a few minutes' interlude so Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson can have a duet? Just a great big wonderfully fun western with one of the most casually brutal murders ever put in a motion picture, and an absolutely amazing performance by Martin.

19. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Rio Bravo

Good, but overrated in my opinion. There is a warmth here that I admire, and the relationships between the men are handled with in such a way that it manages to straddle the line between touching and cheesy, almost falling over onto the latter's side but never quite doing it. To be honest I'm not really sure why this is considered one of the greatest westerns ever made. It is good, but not a masterpiece.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Rio Bravo

If you like John Wayne westerns, you've seen this one already. Still, I prefer High Noon.

21. Ethan's rating of the film Rio Bravo

I'm not big on John Wayne but I love this film. This is by far the greatest Western Hawks ever did. A great ensemble cast and one of the coolest movies you'll ever see.

22. SpacePirate's rating of the film Rio Bravo

Not understanding why everyone says this movie is too long, I personally never wanted it to end. It may be the supreme example of having both style and substance, especially in the western genre. All the actors have great chemistry together, especially Brennan, Wayne, and Martin. Another winner from Hawks, easily in my top 5 director wise.

23. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Rio Bravo

The Mexican trumpets of the death. And Dean MARTIN having to collect money from the spittle pot.

24. ehk2's rating of the film Rio Bravo

surely, High Noon is a much much better film.