1. El Biffo's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

Maya's Neurotic Dance Party!

2. marco's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

introductory course in experimental film (2)

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

The social adult as performative, a communally reinforced series of roles, like some mad pageant. At every point, some learn, some model, some oversee, some have fun. Some inhabit the moment's role with an intensity that snaps others out of whatever illusion they'd managed to cultivate. (And sometimes it's not a bad idea to use the opportunity to make a break for it.)

4. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

Like a waking dream, Ritual in Transfigured Time mixes ballet and interpretative dance with the avant-garde to great effect. Maya Deren's images float by effortlessly, mixing up film stock speeds and freeze frames to make an aesthetically pleasing montage. My favourite part was the party scene where everyone greeted each other by locking arms and spinning in a circle, then moving onto the next, meeting at the eye.

5. apollonouta's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

6. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

Some interesting and occasionally pleasing sequences of images. And some that don't achieve the level of interesting or pleasing.

7. Gino's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

Every image is absolutely breathtaking. In black and white, the repeated actions and slow motion scenes leave nothing to be said, which is perhaps why Deren's film is silent.

8. Danny Indio's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

In all of my favorite Deren films, Maya creates at least one powerful image that lasts with you like you just woke up from a dream. In this film, for me it was: The statue coming to life and chasing her into the watery end.

9. Sammy Chien's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

10. emichan's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

To tell you the truth, i have absolutely no idea over what is this all about. If anybody truly understands this movie after seeing it, that person must either be an artist, a savant, or a terrible liar.

11. meth_'s rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

Downloaded My Bloody Valentine's leaked stuff and 'is this and yes' fits this one perfectly, try it :']

12. Daniela's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

Strange thing is I feel like I actually understood what was meant o____o;;

13. Anthony Aretis's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

A silent, textural, and hypnotic composition in movement and expression.

14. Benjamin's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

15. jimmylorunning's rating of the film Ritual in Transfigured Time

My favorite Maya Deren film. The beginning few minutes are the best ever, and with Maya doing this almost machine-like thing with her body, the motion almost becoming alien. The ony qualm I have is the party scene is a bit long, though I liked it... It's a step down from what preceeded it. It's a small complaint though. The ending image is great too.