1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film River of Grass

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film River of Grass

If BADLANDS was set in Miami-Dade County and Sissy Spacek and Martin Sheen were not hot and in their 30s. A boring, ugly, and lonely ass movie. I love Kelly Reichardt.

3. Max Swanson's rating of the film River of Grass

One of the great unseen indies of the 90's.

4. thejslewis's rating of the film River of Grass

A housewife named Cozy is far from it and fed up with the mundanity in her Floridian life. She falls in with a loser named Lee and the two make like BONNIE AND CLYDE in this quick and dirty indie gem. Kelly Reichardt's directorial debut is overflowing with ideas; it appears the writer/director flushed all the film school style out of her system with this project before charting new territory.

5. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film River of Grass

New favorite film: "she wasn't sure if she killed that guy or even if she killed that palmetto bug"

6. Matthew Skala's rating of the film River of Grass

I enjoyed this much more then the directors western. Performances felt authentic.

7. Aube James's rating of the film River of Grass

Feels like an aspirant of the Hartley School of deadpan pensive.

8. Nick Potter's rating of the film River of Grass

River Of Grass really doesn't feel like any of Reichardt's later work, though that isn't inherently a bad thing. It's still great storytelling, but she's in a constant sprint here, whereas she normally finds plenty of room to let the film breathe.

9. fearraigh's rating of the film River of Grass

An accomplished first feature by Reichardt that skirts derivateness but is very much a work of its own. For a sub-genre that is usually so familiar, the film's ending is a real surprise.

10. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film River of Grass

Pace sometimes slow and disconnected but it's a good start to understand Kelly Reichardt's obsession with lost characters.

11. panagiotatos's rating of the film River of Grass

5,5/10. it succeeds pretty well for a debut film in drawing attention until the end, despite its limited budget and its fuzzy focus on the characters, due mostly to the director's cinematic feel.

12. captainfez's rating of the film River of Grass

Mental note: stay out of someone else's pool.

13. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film River of Grass

It is partly a road movie, partly a woman's story and partly a film poking fun at itself and cliches of road&crime movie genre. This film has made me curious about Reichardt's other works.

14. Nick Stamp's rating of the film River of Grass

Punctured with moments pure visual quality, especially the extreme close up tracking shots with drum solo. Great use of voice over, the narrators short punchy sentences work perfectly with the montage of home footage and photographic long takes. The tempo of the film is somewhat slow, however this adds to the feel of these two people ultimately going nowhere.

15. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film River of Grass

Another reviewer observes that Reichardt "hadn't found her voice yet". I echo this sentiment. As a film, it's nearly unwatchable. Early on, the narrator mentions how it's funny certain afternoons seem to drag and drag. That's how I felt about his movie.

16. Ben Peric's rating of the film River of Grass

Hilarious, bursting at the seams with that energy only found in first features

17. Will Thede's rating of the film River of Grass

A different side to Kelly Reichardt. Her 'road movie without the road... love story without the love... and crime story without the crime' didn't quite hit me as hard as some of her more recent directorial efforts . But it's okay because Cozy's final actions and the Hal Hartley-esque hilarity elevates it in its own unique way.

18. Jackson Spindle's rating of the film River of Grass

19. tintinmugshot's rating of the film River of Grass

In her later works, she's lost something abundant in here, the drives of nonsense characters in a tragicomedy way. Here she builds it gracefully.

20. David R Williams's rating of the film River of Grass

If you took "Badlands" and filtered it through some Lynchian tinged process you might end up with something like this. Brian Tallerico gives a great review over at rogerebert.com: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/river-of-grass-2016

21. cony71's rating of the film River of Grass

I did not like the end at all, kick and easy, non sense to me.

22. msmichel's rating of the film River of Grass

Reichardt's debut feature finds a lonely married Florida woman craving escape from the life she finds herself in and after a mishap involving a possible murder takes to the road with a like minded loser. What sets her debut apart from the scores of similar themed films is its' authentic feel, lack of glamour and for that matter lack of a road as their journey halts fairly quickly. Solid debut.

23. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film River of Grass

I love 90s American indy films. This has brilliant shots, an excellent jazz drum soundtrack, a kind of lolling vibe but a really punchy ending.

24. Mugino's rating of the film River of Grass

It's a debut with quirky appeal, like a bus stop oddball who tells rambling stories that engage, not because they're interesting but because they're told with unsolicited candor. While I agree it's more of a footnote than a highlight in Reichardt's brilliant filmography, I found myself pondering her choices long after Cozy had driven off the screen.