1. Katman_C's rating of the film Road to Perdition

a classic tom hanks performance

2. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Road to Perdition

3. Nathan Deming's rating of the film Road to Perdition

Not really inspired or prolific - just safe, "good" filmmaking.

4. Mikhael Tarigan's rating of the film Road to Perdition

It’s a nicely crafted film, but I don’t really feel anything even for the boy.

5. ddcraver's rating of the film Road to Perdition

Not sure I completely understand the prevailing indifference regarding this film... sure, it oozes epic Hollywood big budget vibe - but the execution is virtually flawless... really, for my money - top-notch in ever respect! The cinematography - it's nothing short of magnificent - a fitting tribute to Conrad Hall, as it was the last feature length film of this Hollywood legend. A worthy follow-up to American Beauty!

6. Quentin's rating of the film Road to Perdition

Not a bad film but not really inventive and too formatted in its classicism. Actor play, voiceover, music and cinematography were quite stereotyped in my opinion. As if Sam Mendes wanted really badly to make a pure classical film and this was too palpable in the end.

7. Diego van Uden's rating of the film Road to Perdition

8. FailedImitator's rating of the film Road to Perdition

9. Pierre's rating of the film Road to Perdition

A great example of Conrad Hall's talent.

10. Kristine Bizzarro's rating of the film Road to Perdition

This film has an amazing score.

11. Richard Burns's rating of the film Road to Perdition

Just rewatched this recently, absolutely gorgeous. As far as technique goes, it's a joy. The story is engaging, and the writing and performances are quite good, especially Daniel Craig's sniveling turn and Tom Hanks successfully going against his established image. However, the film's strengths are in the gorgeous cinematography and impeccable set design.

12. pflombard's rating of the film Road to Perdition

Technique triumphs story. Beautiful to watch and a haunting soundtrack, but the story does not have the depth to carry its artistic style.

13. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Road to Perdition

This film is sublime! I'd give it 4.5/5 if theauteurs would let me. I loved it...loved it, loved it, loved it! And what a score!

14. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Road to Perdition

One of Mendes most beautifully shot films. Conrad Hall is a god. Solid performances all around and very satisfying but I finished and never went back. I think I found the heart of the story with the father and son, somewhat unengaging. I'll have to watch it again.

2 Next →