1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

So this is what The Martian would have been if it didn't have all that up-to-date science (or even a consistent color scheme for the red planet). Not much here; the quest for survival still is compelling before it goes on longer than it needs to and descends into camp. If nothing else, it proves the necessity of 2001. Shout-out to the most human character in the movie: a monkey that clearly doesn't want to be there.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Exécrables voire horribles trucages en carton-pâte, banalité du propos et de l'image, à longueur de séquences, somnolence extraterrestre... www.cinefiches.com

3. Ethan's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Not very scientifically accurate but this is still an enjoyable ride that grips you even if at times this is beyond absurd. It also features some spectacularly trippy set pieces.

4. runfromfire's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

The science is all kinds of wrong but if you can forgive that then it's a fun bit of sci-fi cheese. Plus hey, Adam West and a monkey.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Underwater sausage farming... IN SPACE!!

6. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

More enjoyable than The Martian. Of course the special effects are outdated and of course the science isn't all there. We had five decades of technological and scientific discoveries since. With that in mind, I think Byron Haskin and co. crafted a very ingenious film supported by a very smart script. And there's no beating landscapes in technicolor.

7. mjgildea's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Adam West and Mona the monkey were the highlights of Robinson Crusoe on Mars. The outdated effects and nonsensical science made this about 20 minutes too long. An amusing watch, but not not necessary. There's a Criterion edition of this?

8. Nathan.'s rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I absolutely hated this.

9. Adam Lee's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

i loved everything about this movie

10. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I love the cover art for the Criterion release and give a little bit of credit to Melchior and Haskin for their depiction of the planet before without having all of the data we have now, but come on, this is awful.

11. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I Hated this. Hated Robinson, Friday and the monkey. Whole the movie.

12. HEDONIST's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Expected much more from this Criterion release -- quite funny though I must say... the quintessential cheesy space flick. Felt like I was watching an episode of the original Star Trek minus the Shatner. That monkey was random. Even more random perhaps was the Native American that was meant to pose a Martian... wow, what the fuck were they smoking?

13. Cromm Crúaich's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

A bit corny these days, enjoyable though.

14. Christopher's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

15. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Yes, the special effects are cheesy, the science questionable, and the studio and Death Valley locations aren't too convincing as the Red Planet, but this imaginative sci-fi adventure from director Byron Haskins manages a smart and compelling story. Though it doesn't quite reach classic status, it's entertaining for fans of the genre.