1. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film RoboCop

2. kartina obskura's rating of the film RoboCop

3. William's rating of the film RoboCop

3.5 Repugnantly violent with a general aura of ugliness hanging over it, it’s nevertheless one of the 80s most well-made action films.

4. yuriyovich's rating of the film RoboCop

5. ceknklsn's rating of the film RoboCop

32/100 ( 3,5/5 hahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahhahaah there're so many idiots in the mubi.)

6. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film RoboCop

I saw this when i was 6 years old, I was with my father and when the cocaine scene show up i was like, what the hell is that powder?, also Miguel Ferrer sniff coke off a girl's tits.

7. Rúben A. Jesus's rating of the film RoboCop

I'll be damned if this isn't a solid action flick.

8. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film RoboCop

Nonstop comic book violence for adults with memorable gory sequences, intense action and extreme make-up. The sequence where Peter Weller gets blown to tiny bits is extreme even today. Great black satire and humor too, especially the news-reports that appear scattered through the film makes me laugh all the time. Among the best in it's genre

9. pluviosity's rating of the film RoboCop

as a kid, I think it's a shitty movie, GAVAN IS STILL BETTER. but, as an adult, well..I still think it's shitty, but I always admired how they managed to put a heart (the scene when he struggled with his re-found memory of his death and his family) among the shitty, predictable, action plots.

10. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film RoboCop

11. Bob's rating of the film RoboCop

Oversimplified at times but coherent revenge flick that is still a lot of fun to watch. And that's mostly because of larger than life villains, sadistic violence and great make-up effects. The use of stop motion brings freshness and makes ED-209 quite disturbing antagonist. Corruption and technological monopoly wrapped in dystopian cyberpunk of Detroit plays as a foreshadowing of the genre alikes.

12. petit astronaute's rating of the film RoboCop

13. FISCHER's rating of the film RoboCop

Du bon travail qui allie critique sociale et distraction, émotion et thriller avec une indéniable efficacité, concocté par un solide metteur en scène ... www.cinefiches.com

14. Superfrog's rating of the film RoboCop

For its age it is surprisingly good. And surprisingly prescient. "We are practically the military" says megacorp. A political message that you would not see today in this type of production. The gender angle is also much saner than anything that could be done nowadays.

15. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film RoboCop

16. Jason's rating of the film RoboCop

Now celebrating its thirtieth anniversary, ROBOCOP would seem all the more prescient in terms of its positing of a world reigned over by an increasingly militarized and privatized military-industrial security complex. Verhoeven enjoys taking the piss out of the people who are basically paying to get what they want. This is high-minded mockery, obviously for the most part over the heads of its targets. Still: funny.

17. Richmond Hill's rating of the film RoboCop

Stridently confident visual storytelling, unencumbered by unnecessary narrative bridges just a gutsily simple satire on American gung-ho ballsiness. It's this quality that lifts it above the contemporary 'SchwarzenStone' runarounds of the day, and like the proverbial bull it runs amok amongst it's media and corporatist soft targets like a splendidly unsubtle take on Frankenstein's Monster.

18. Renton47's rating of the film RoboCop

Robocop is in my DNA, viewed too often, too young. Masochist relationship with aestheticised violence, genre that functions in and above its form. The Cyborg Manifesto. Does the experiment fail because we can't separate man from machine or because we try? Schlockier than remembered, but nothing purifying in its violence, no redemption in renouncing flesh.

19. spasmolytic's rating of the film RoboCop

Like an 80's cyberpunk Troma film directed by Tarkovsky. Minus one star for the laughable CGI at the end.

20. francisca bacon's rating of the film RoboCop

Contrary to J-L Nancy's reflection in "L'Intrus" on the intrusion on thought of a body foreign to thought, RoboCop spotlights the intrusion on body of thoughts foreign to body. And parallels between Nancy's and Verhoeven's restitutiones ad integrum run free: crossing personal and technological contingencies which in the graftee operate the metaphysical adventure of post-death experience, the vacillating, montage "I",

21. Star Lord's rating of the film RoboCop

22. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film RoboCop

I think its exposures of the media, police, and corporate warlords are mostly valid, but I have serious reservations about its solutions. This is a film clearly operating from the perspective that the world is corrupted by blurred lines between the police, corporations, and the media to such an extent that violence is the best recourse for cleaning it up. On the other hand, the movie fits together really well.

23. Muraki's rating of the film RoboCop

24. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film RoboCop

Bello bello bello Colonna sonora epica

← Previous 1 3 4 5