1. Aaken's rating of the film Robot and Frank

A touching tale of an unlikely friendship, old age, memory and the importance of connection in a world where knowledge, books and human relationship get dematerialised. Frank Langella is pure gold in this film and is supported by a great cast. Poignant, without any big drama or sentimental climaxes.

2. Paul Relf's rating of the film Robot and Frank

3. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Robot and Frank

Frank, that cereal is for children. Enjoy this grapefruit...

4. Mugino's rating of the film Robot and Frank

Hollywood lacks the cognitive capacity to understand the social implications of the technologies it vilifies or cutesifies, nor can it fathom stories without hackneyed plot devices. Frank didn't have to be a burglar to be poignant or interesting. Had Robot become the substitute for (or symbiont with) Frank's failing memory, it could have had a more essential role than just an artificial buddy. A wasted opportunity.

5. kris's rating of the film Robot and Frank

I thought this was very sweet and a unique take on a story of friendship.

6. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Robot and Frank

7. lisa's rating of the film Robot and Frank

this movie is about purpose, aging, friendship, and shitty dads, but it's also a really good AI movie because it's more about our own responses to AI than it is about philosophy of AI itself, which movies so often get wrong. plus it's funny and the robot looks like asimo so what's not to like

8. QuincyArthur's rating of the film Robot and Frank

forever suspicious until I'm infirm

9. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Robot and Frank

Simply sweet w/o overdoing it, this subtle sci-fi/drama/heist film earns its emotional responses & charms the crap out of you. Lagella & Sarsgaard do great work with an entire cast that complements them as the film explores the ideas of memory & tech. w/ just the right amount of focus. It may go where you think it will go, but the world it alludes to is highly plausible and melancholic. An underrated gem!

10. pietroz's rating of the film Robot and Frank

11. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Robot and Frank

12. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Robot and Frank

Great acting but it feels like it's running on an artificial heart, just like a robot. Suck on that review, Peter Travers. Who's the wordsmith now, ya punk ass bitch?

13. lndah's rating of the film Robot and Frank

"I am functioning normally" is actually a good answer. I really enjoy this film :)

14. Sophie Dunlop's rating of the film Robot and Frank

15. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Robot and Frank

I cannot say this is a bad movie; its story is just not thorough enough to be remembered in its genre. Full Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/02/robot-and-frank-2012.html

16. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Robot and Frank

This has been my favorite film at the LA Film Festival. Langella's performance is unforgettable. A retired burglar is given a robot by his son to help care for him as he's starting to forget things. He resists at first, but grows to love it and even include him in some illegal activities. The film takes place in the near future in upstate New York. It was shot on location in a little house. Go see the film on Aug. 24

17. soporific's rating of the film Robot and Frank

A beautiful, quirky tale about memory & the delicate balance between the past & the near future.

18. porcelainfox's rating of the film Robot and Frank

It's missing something, and I'm not quite sure what that is.

19. Kirby's rating of the film Robot and Frank

Things like dementia, bank heists, and robots don't seem like they are compatible. They aren't at first, but they meld together quite nicely by the ending. I felt like there was wasted potential with Frank not wanting to wipe the robot's memory. They made it sound like it was because he was empathetic, but a man with dementia might have other reasons. Maybe they touched on it, but it was too subtle for me to catch.

20. Peter's rating of the film Robot and Frank

A cute trifle, though underwritten and somewhat formulaic. An impressive cast had the merest of material work with, though Langella was, not unsurprisingly, quite charming and carried the proceedings with ease.

21. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Robot and Frank

i really liked the parts of the grumpy old guy in the beginning, they were sadly really too short - but nice fun movie with a very sentimental end.

22. weknow's rating of the film Robot and Frank

23. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Robot and Frank

Loved this movie! Great sci-fi with a lot of human qualities in the script. Langella brings a grumpy charm to the proceedings and the supporting cast is great. I also think that the production design really hit the spot not overdoing the sci-fi element. I'll get this on blu ray for sure.

24. dedalusjmmr's rating of the film Robot and Frank

I am functioning normally.