1. The Kid's rating of the film Robot Carnival

Cloud and Presence alone are worth it, but do enjoy the rest of the ride. Nostalgic for a time when anime was beautiful, detailed hand painted backgrounds and character designs... When Joe Hisaishi's windy, ethereal synths swept across the landscapes of children's dreams and the darkest adult nightmares.

2. Ale/M's rating of the film Robot Carnival

opening, Katsuhiro Otomo - 3 Franken's gear, Koji Morimoto - 2.5 Deprive, Hidetoshi Omori - 2.5 Presence, Yasuomi Umetsu - 5 Starlight Angel, Hiroyuki Kitazume - 3 Cloud, Mao Lamdao - 3.5 A tale of two robots, Hiroyuki Kitakubo - 3 Red chicken head guy, Takashi Nakamura - 2 ending - Katsuhiro Otomo - 3

3. T-Cruise's rating of the film Robot Carnival

4. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Robot Carnival

Tl;dr: 3,5 Several episodes indulging in robots, some good, some not so much. 5/10 (patriarchyscale) I really liked the breath of cyberpunk that permates these stories, be they robolovestories, abstract tales or hip-hop-fueled distopias - transhumanism, really techy surroundings, the whole bunch. That being said, some of them were just so hardcore cheesy or male fantasies, that they kind of tired me out.

5. MGeo's rating of the film Robot Carnival

Was the place where many important directors of anime got their start. My favorite segment is the one done by Yasuomi Umetsu: Presence.