1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Roman Holiday

Lengthily charming and a rare period candidate for something that would look better in colour. A greater spring in its step might have spurred it along somewhat but it's as solidly mounted as you'd expect of Wyler with a dutiful ending that burns off some of the preceding winsomeness.

2. yovargas's rating of the film Roman Holiday

A charming, sweet, pleasant, amusing bit of fluff, but fluff nonetheless. It's so darn likeable I almost feel bad for not rating it higher but it's hard to call something that feels so inconsequential great. It gets a B-.

3. kartina obskura's rating of the film Roman Holiday

4. Ameille's rating of the film Roman Holiday

5. Shōten's rating of the film Roman Holiday

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Roman Holiday

7. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Roman Holiday

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Roman Holiday

Just what you want: charming, romantic, goofy.

9. anacecil's rating of the film Roman Holiday

Un clásico muy bello !!! Unas vacaciones maravilosas

10. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film Roman Holiday

"And what, in the opinion of Your Highness, is the outlook for friendship among nations?" "I have every faith in it... as I have faith in relations between people."

11. Mar J's rating of the film Roman Holiday

Not a masterpiece, not bad, just a light entertaining movie. Although, I loved the end. A star for the last scene <3

12. letters never sent's rating of the film Roman Holiday

Rewatched it. It's one of my mum's favourite along with Breakfast at Tiffany's and all other Audrey films. It's still as good as I remember, but it's also not really entirely special if not for the stars, and that includes the city itself. Sometimes simple leads to spectacular after all.

13. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Roman Holiday

One of the most overrated light entertainment films of all time. And yet.... the Wyler charm is truly contagious.

14. Stu Witmer's rating of the film Roman Holiday

A piece of fluff story with a pair of fluffy actors is taken to the streets of Rome and magically transformed by William Wyler into a piece of fluff movie.

15. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Roman Holiday

3-4. A deceptively tight romantic comedy that doubly subverts the Cinderella model, ceding to naturalism rather than idealism. And of course, Audrey Hepburn is an eminently relatable lead heroine, even to contemporary audiences. This one largely stands the test of time.

16. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Roman Holiday

17. Roshan Abeysekera's rating of the film Roman Holiday

A joy to watch. Hepburn is as charming as ever and the film is beautifully shot. An emblem of it's era. A real ringer!

18. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Roman Holiday

19. sizelando's rating of the film Roman Holiday

Charming and light Hollywood frolic.

20. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Roman Holiday

Utterly charming romantic comedy fairytale. Well crafted and paced, manages to fit in every Roman landmark possible. The finale is suitably tear jerking. ...

21. Superfrog's rating of the film Roman Holiday

Well delivered film on a predictable script. End drags on a bit. I could have happily gone without seeing this.

22. hamsa's rating of the film Roman Holiday

one of the best movies I've ever seen.

23. Alice Rizzo's rating of the film Roman Holiday

24. souslesoleil's rating of the film Roman Holiday

What drew me in was Audrey Hepburn starring in it. What kept me watching was her naivety and charm, as well as the sad reality of her position. It is a very insightful take on the royal family, and kind of sums it all up well. The actors are brilliant in it, it is shot beautifully and I fully recommend it. An easy and dreamy watch.

← Previous 1 3 4