1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

AKA the version that many of us were forced to watch in school, this Franco Zeffirelli film remains arguably the best classic interpretation of the Shakespeare tale. Unfortunately, nothing else really matches the high point of the battle between Tybalt and Mercutio, but that is a testament to the sequence rather than a damnation of everything else.

2. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

All are punished; but not by watching this gorgeous adaptation which miraculously captures youthful innocence and impetuosity and is beautiful simply for being so natural.

3. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

This could have been a very good film, but there is (like in his opera films) some careless editing on Zeffirelli's side, especially regarding the montage. Another problem is Nino Rota's music: Sure, it's nice, but it also has too little variety and is often foregrounded to over-emotionalize the dramatic moments. It seems that Zeffirelli doesn't trust neither Shakespeare's language nor the abilities of his actors.

4. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

Don't remember a lot about this film but discount Zac Efron and Juliet actress had big boobs. 2 stars.

5. ninchok's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

"Դիանա, հիշի էսօր կամ Ռոմեոն ա մեռնելու կամ էլ ես էս չյոռտվ աթոռի ծերին" (GAIFF 2016)

6. telasi's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

7. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

The development of the duel between Mercutio and Tybalt into a murder as frustration brews on both sides is simply remarkable adaptation. And the knock-down drag out fight Romeo and Tybalt get into afterwards only looks all the more extraordinary thanks to the juxtaposition.

8. Antonio Petre's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

9. galimgim's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

puta wait bakit kinilig ako

10. f-nanda's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

The best Romeu and Juliet movie yet.

11. paxy's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

12. R's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

This version (1968) of Romeo & Juliet definetly stands the test of time. Visually appealing as well as perfectly acted. I remember sitting in the theater as a kid being amazed at what I was viewing. I've seen it several times and sometimes stayed for both showings.(That's when you could sit there and wait for the next showing.) My favorite movie of all time.

13. Joks's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

Hussey is gorgeous beyond belief - the perfect Juliet.

14. syimi, une femme!'s rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

I watched it during my school years when we were doing a play of Romeo and Juliet. I loved it then and I still love it now..what a fun time that was.. :)

15. rado's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

This isn't cinema. Cinema is more than acting, dialogue, etc.

16. isabelka's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

17. BUSHRA's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

aesthetically, this movie should be rated five stars because it is gorgeous but the reason why it really deserves the highest rating possible is that it makes me love romeo and juliet (which i've always hated) and the performances by every actor are so convincing you wonder why there would be any subsequent renditions when it's so obvious a perfect adaption of romeo and juliet has already been made.

18. Thraeryn's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

As the synopsis points out, the appropriate ages of the main players helps this film a lot. It has a passion to it that the story needs and deserves. Easily one of my favorite interpretations of Shakespeare.

19. eharadon's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

20. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Romeo and Juliet

Correcta a secas, esta adaptaciòn de Romeo y Julieta por Franco Zeffirelli talvez sea la cinta màs aplaudida y conocida del irregular director italiano. La joven actriz Olivia Hussey (todo un bizcochito de no mames al año de la filmaciòn) levantò ampula entre los espectadores mas pinches mamoncitos de aquel entonces al declararse como "una chica de minifalda" y por calificar a Julieta como "una pobre pendeja".