1. Rashed's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

technically speaking it's really not that amazing and bears all the hallmarks of a baz luhrmann fiesta, but i have so much nostalgic value attached to this i can't not enjoy it when it comes on. it also helps that having 'lovefool' and 'exit music[for a film]' on the soundtrack makes things sooo much better.

2. LolaLash's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

I am a theatre grad student who studies Shakespeare and I LOVE this film. I appreciate adaptations that take risks and fully realize bringing something classic to a new audience, with all the vivacity of Shakespeare!

3. EastyBoy's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

I also love this film and don't care what anyone says. It was one of the first films I properly adored and I think it did a great job with Shakespeare.

4. Felix Millan's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

John Leguizamo really made this film a masterpiece.

5. N. C.'s rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

I like the whole ideia. I

6. HeadGEAR's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Interesting and intriguing.

7. chanandre's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Saved by the grace of "Exit Music: For a Film". Easily one of the best tracks of the now classic and universally acclaimed "OK Computer" record by Radiohead.

8. Redrum4's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Why isn't Shakespeare credited as writing part of the film???????

9. .:BuNNii:.'s rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

I love this movie! Almost reminds me of Moulin Rouge.

10. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

11. CRW's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

The idea itself is a scary one, but by god did they pull it off.

12. Gretchen's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Visually stunning, killer soundtrack, and I thought Leo was super sexy. So. Is it a guilty pleasure film for me? Absolutely.

13. Matt Burgess's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Like all Luhrmann stuff, overblown, painful and oddly dull, however filled with sublime art direction. His most successful BY FAR though, just kinda wish I could cut all the grating dialogue and watch a pretty music video version of it.

14. theladyassassin's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

It's been a while since I last saw this. I vaguely remember being irritated that she didn't do the ~happy dagger~ line but now I'm vaguely irritated because I'm not sure.

1 2 4 Next →