1. Søren Ulf's rating of the film Rouge

2. soffiandesrayaud@hotmail.com's rating of the film Rouge

3. Ludovic72's rating of the film Rouge

Difficile de juger ce film de moins d'une heure, sans avoir vu l'œuvre dont il est issu ("Le dos rouge", qui dure au moins deux heures)... mais de toute évidence, cette version courte l'est vraiment trop. On sent bien qu'il manque une vraie mise en situation, que le montage est trop abrupt et l'évolution trop rapide. Le résultat a déjà une belle étrangeté (et un propos fascinant), qui donne envie de voir l'original.

4. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Rouge

Palimpsest of 'Le dos rouge,' which I haven't seen but would like to see now. People throwing 'pretentious' at this one aren't hip to the fact that the art/museum bits are obviously meant to be satirical.

5. natsume's rating of the film Rouge

a woman's growing hair, plays on reflections and a main character at times so horribly real, you're repelled beyond the screen

6. Tja's rating of the film Rouge

Pity its only an hour long. Another example of French cinema at its sharpest. Museums are sexy.

7. Allison Rung's rating of the film Rouge

Jeanne Balibar as charming as I've ever seen her. You can see she's having a ball, which points to how this is a satire ppl should take as such (the pretention seems self-aware to me). Yet it could have been quite a lot shorter.

8. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Rouge

By turns intriguing, monumentally pretentious, droll, dull and enlightening. All in less than an hour.

9. Trickstian Shantih's rating of the film Rouge

10. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Rouge

A meta-remake of Vertigo with a dash of Louis Bunuel (That Obscure Object of Desire) and Jem Cohen (Museum Hours). A very long short or possibly a very short feature. The deliberately repetitive and recursive structure is interrupted by an oneiric vignette of a dionysiac party that lingers in your mind. Fabulous.

11. hemachandra's rating of the film Rouge

'Rouge' is described as a companion piece to 'Le Dos Rouge', but I think it is more of a radical re-edit (although I haven't watched 'Le Dos Rouge'). This film starts with Bonello trying to find the perfect image of monstrosity for a film and as he & his art advisor examine various paintings, it gets weirder. The film is brazenly arthouse in its approach and sometimes I thought it was too pretentious to endure.

12. Lydia Liu's rating of the film Rouge

What is the painting of the girl called, when he talks to the english woman?

13. Hodek Van Mealstrom's rating of the film Rouge