1. abyantama's rating of the film Rubber

2. Log Lady's rating of the film Rubber

A strange mixture of arthouse style and a horror B movie, which would work better if it didn't take itself so seriously. Injecting a healthy dose of humor and amping up the volume in terms of pace and characters wouldn't have hurt. I still have to credit the filmmakers for trying something different and thinking outside the box. It just lacked the wild spirit of older B movies.

3. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Rubber

Non fa paura, non diverte, non coinvolge e soprattutto non è intelligente quanto vorrebbbe sembrare. I dialoghi sono di una stupidità sconfortante ed il titolo autoassegnato di "omaggio al nonsenso" serve solo come debole giustificazione per il soggetto, che altro non è che un polpettone di eventi piatti, gettati nella pentola senza il minimo decente rigore. Nonostante tutto ciò, riesce ancora ad essere ripetitivo.

4. paddelboot's rating of the film Rubber

Die Sinnlosigkeit der ersten Szenen hatte etwas Pures... Gegen Ende fühlte sich der Film aber immer mehr an wie ein Studentenprojekt, welches nicht recht weiß, was es eigentlich aussagen will. Das Ende wirkte ebenfalls aufgesetzt.

5. duncsbailey's rating of the film Rubber

A wonderfully subversive, low budget, black comedy with a meta narrative about how we watch films.

6. filosophie's rating of the film Rubber

This is just so weird...Definitely entertaining. For sure there is absolutely "no reason" in so many ways! 4* even if only just out of respect for how anyone could come up with such a plot!

7. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Rubber

Dupieux masterpiece, edgy, fast & witty to the max

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Rubber

Du non-sens et de l'absurde en pagaille qui peut séduire ou agacer selon ses dispositions du moment, flirtant de temps à autre avec le second degré, qui tourne quelquefois à vide comme tout bon pneu dégonflé et qui pourtant ne manque pas d'air dans ses extravagantes et mortelles flâneries... www.cinefiches.com

9. tyb's rating of the film Rubber

Amusing and absurd film with plenty of meta-humor that doesn't take itself too seriously.

10. Andrei Burcea's rating of the film Rubber

11. choupinet's rating of the film Rubber

I actually thought I was going to enjoy this, but it turned out to be a bit too ridiculous.

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Rubber

13. Siavash Maraghechi's rating of the film Rubber

George Carlin: "...The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?” Plastic…asshole."

14. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film Rubber

15. Arnaud Millan's rating of the film Rubber

16. Sheé Magicienne's rating of the film Rubber

probably the only movie that implicitly has an answer for all the questions about itself that you can ask.

17. wiwitaek's rating of the film Rubber

Straighaway become my favorite.

18. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Rubber

Chyba wole kolejne filmy Pana Oizo

19. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Rubber

The Quentin Dupieux Way of Life

20. Bernardo_Rodrigues's rating of the film Rubber

21. Tibulle85's rating of the film Rubber

Typiquement le film qui, au vu de son concept, n'aurait dû donner qu'un court-métrage! En l'état, il y a un très gros problème de rythme...Et tout le méta-discours avec les spectateurs et les flics est plus laborieux et artificiel qu'autre chose. J'en attendais bcp mieux!

22. bessede's rating of the film Rubber

Follement génial ! Un film sur le cinéma, rien que ça, malgré sa prétention à ne parler de rien...

23. baptiste-76750's rating of the film Rubber

Quentin Dupieux arrive encore à nous transporter dans un non sens absolue

24. fearraigh's rating of the film Rubber

The first of Dupieux's films I saw. It's more or less an over-extended short but it has some good laughs and is well executed. Definitely one of the better comedy directors going.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7