1. Deiner's rating of the film Ruby in Paradise

Even though it has plenty of slow moments, I kinda love this film. A homage to Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, this coming-of-age film is thoughtful, realistic, touching and simple yet detailed. It covers topics about self discovery, growing up, life struggles and life decisions, and it's carried by a wonderful and gorgeous (debutant) Ashley Judd, who gives a natural and nuanced performance.

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Ruby in Paradise

Interesante la forma cómo se aborda el carácter emocional de una mujer. "Ruby en el paraíso" convierte a su heroína en una mujer real. Nuñez tiene un sumo respeto por su personaje, a quien no se le juzga ni tampoco el drama la golpea. El filme, muy a pesar, expira incetidumbre. Hay un aire melancólico contrario al contexto. Ruby reflexionará a medida que tendrá sus idas y venidas. Se independiza incluso del hombre.

3. Eduardo's rating of the film Ruby in Paradise

A movie to watch by yourself, late at night, after your significant other has gone to bed. It perfectly captures the mood of a Gulf coast town...now I want some oysters on a cracker.

4. Scumbalina's rating of the film Ruby in Paradise

Filmed in my shitty hometown. Highly relatable.

5. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Ruby in Paradise