1. FISCHER's rating of the film Rupture

Premier court métrage de Pierre Etaix en collaboration avec son compère Jean-Claude Carrière et déjà une subtile réussite dans l'agencement des gags de situation, visuels et sonores... www.cinefiches.com

2. B o g d a n's rating of the film Rupture

Simpatic, dar sărăcăcios și artificial, 1.8

3. Laurentiu's rating of the film Rupture

4. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Rupture

Fairly amusing short film of a man who attempts to write a letter but has various problems with his pen, desk, and basically every other object around him. Étaix himself created the sound effects, using a tape recorder. I loved the gag of the drawer with the gun; wish I had one of those...the gun lighter, not the drawer...I have drawers. For fans of Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton, Jacques Tati, et al.

5. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Rupture

Shows Etai'x gift for manipulating physical objects and slapstick but the rough sound design was the only flaw.

6. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Rupture

★★★★ some breakups are easier than others.

7. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Rupture

A man who as just received a breakup letter from his girlfriend sets out to write a revenge letter, only to find his efforts thwarted by continual mishaps. A simple, but almost perfectly constructed comedy short. It's nearly impossible not to smile during a Pierre Etaix film. And here in his debut work his prowess is already evident, combining the bumbling French charm of Tati with the deadpan misfortunes of Keaton.

8. cineaster's rating of the film Rupture

Rupture has been my first Pierre Etaix experience back in 1994. It took me 16 years to put a title on it!