1. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

german suplexes, stopping to eat in the middle of a fight, a ridiculous sword... whats not to love about sanosuke?

2. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

A fair enough jidai-geki, but one that embraces kooky exaggeration and metaphysical hyperbole to a distracting and perhaps embarrassing degree. A recent subsection of these Japanese blockbusters (...Yamamoto, Eien no zero, Goemon, this, so on) are also creeping ever-so-slightly to a conservative Japanese Nationalism, which is a troubling undercurrent. Here it just doesn't make sense.

3. HKFanatic's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

"Rurouni Kenshin" is an anime adaptation that appears to wear its source material on its sleeve, in that it feels like a collection of hyperreal, over-the-top characters brought to life - as well as a genuine struggle to condense several episodes worth of a program into one 134 minute feature. The result is admirable, however, with flashy action sequences and a strong visual palette that recalls "Batman Begins."

4. ionosonde's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

i'm not familiar with the source material, but i enjoyed it. pretty simple plot but the characters are really cute and it's nice to see them interact. there are some really cool fight scenes, especially at the end!

5. pluviosity's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

For anime-adapted live action, this is great. Usually--well at least the ones I watched--those films looked like a cosplay act that filled with bad casts. This one adapted RuroKen very well, with its own interpretation of the characters. However, the film works when you know the original anime/manga story. For those who not...it's quite a mess, though with nice visual and good depiction of the post Bakumatsu era.

6. emichan's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

7. .'s rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

The soundtrack is the worst shit ever.

8. Chichago_'s rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

It is so excited to see my favorite anime becomes live action.

9. rizkymahesa's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

good way of remembering childhood

10. iZafer's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

Was my fave anime. Nice begining. I like it, I would like to watch next episodes.

11. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

Probably easier to follow if you're familiar with the manga or anime, but I wasn't too lost just through general genre familiarity. Fairly ordinary story elevated by good performances and action (though too much in the Western close ups and quick cuts style). The movie is notable though for its beauty. I enjoyed simply looking at it so much I may be a little forgiving of shortcomings but, really, a gorgeous movie.

12. astrid budi's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

reliving lots and lots of fond memories of anime kenshin and OVA kenshin, has both the storylines of anime and OVA flashback cramped to a 2 hour+ movie, pretty vexing battle scenes, wondering what the heck is the camera they use to produce such mediocre high speed effect, really bad lighting, wondering if it's all intentional or not, three stars only for the perfect kenshin and for the nostalgia :D :D

13. Pedro C. Alencastro's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

I loved the movie, the only thing I disliked was how Kenshin convinces Sanosuke to change his mind so easily.

14. pandakuma's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin

the first 5 minutes of this film is quite captivating and the rest of it was made just for fans. too bad.

15. Válter Venâncio's rating of the film Rurouni Kenshin