1. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Russian Ark

2. Barrett.'s rating of the film Russian Ark

Impressive achievement. Pressurised filmmaking at its most beautiful. The camera glides from room to room giving Russian Ark a dreamlike quality. The style of filmmaking lends itself to The Hermitage, which looks amazing.

3. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Russian Ark

Impressionante cosa un'ottima organizzazione ed una camera mobile possano realizzare. La macchina da presa danza con sicurezza tra le sfarzose sale del museo russo, incorniciando scene esteticamente meravigliose, mentre non trovo le parole per descrivere adeguatamente l'impresa titanica compiuta dal regista, dal direttore della fotografia e dello scenografo. Un'altra vittoria sul bollettino del grande cinema russo.

4. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Russian Ark

5. Balthaz21's rating of the film Russian Ark

6. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Russian Ark

Heard of this movie years before I saw it. Had a lot of expectations. It was even better than what I could expect.

7. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Russian Ark

It's delicious. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for delicious things, as I was not in the mood for placid meditations on national history through the prism of aesthetic ideology. Oh well I rest assured that Francofonia is a bit more jagged, can't wait to visit this when untimely meditations are my thing again.

8. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Russian Ark

A magnificently poetic and surreal meditation on death, life and time. The fact that it is one long 93 minute sequence is absolutely amazing. The kind of film I would love to let play in the background all day long.

9. apollonouta's rating of the film Russian Ark

the "academic" pretentiousness of the two narrators made this difficult to watch

10. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Russian Ark

'Everyone can see the future, no one remembers the past.' 'Russian Ark' is a sweeping spectacle, moving through he halls of the Winter Palace across three centuries. The movement of the film itself is stunning, had it been a silent observation of the palace and its guests through the ages, my experience would have been much more profound. Unfortunately, I found the presence of our tour guides unforgivably abrasive.

11. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Russian Ark

Quite challenging, but very beautiful. Puts the viewer into almost a dream state. A masterful play with time and space.

12. Ale Sabatini's rating of the film Russian Ark

13. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film Russian Ark

14. fred boswell's rating of the film Russian Ark

My Top 10 all time favorites! i seen this film on the big screen and was moved;-)

15. wiwitaek's rating of the film Russian Ark

16. the prince's rating of the film Russian Ark

I'm so sorry I have my CD of Russian ArK to a filmmaker - who never returned it.

17. Syranos's rating of the film Russian Ark

Malgré une technicité incroyable. Je n'ai pas vraiment apprécié arpenté le musée avec ces deux personnages. J'ai trouvé ça assez pompeux (élève de Tarkovsky)

18. ehk2's rating of the film Russian Ark

impressive in certain aspects

19. Chris's rating of the film Russian Ark

a great technical feat that I couldn't really appreciate since I don't have too much interest in Russian art and history (and too much dialogue wasn't subtitled)

20. The Macho King's rating of the film Russian Ark

A waking dream floating somewheres down the stream of time for all eternity .A vision filled with nothing but unyielding bliss,nostalgia and long forgotten memories.

21. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Russian Ark

22. maría f guerrero's rating of the film Russian Ark

Honestly this film's worth relays mostly in the whole technical aspect and also in its production and great efficiency with its many assistants. But that's about it.

23. Renton47's rating of the film Russian Ark

How to approach a film so specifically about the weight of history when most of that history is lost on me? Sokurov's opulent vision was thus simultaneously immersive and alienating, an enticing party that I knew I'd not been invited to. Is it an attempt to connect with ghosts, or a mockery of the inflated importance of aristocrats who forget that only art prevails?

24. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Russian Ark