1. Dan's rating of the film Better Watch Out

I completely surprised myself and everyone else by selling it as a Christmas home invasion - really, just stop reading and watch it if you're at all interested. I found it really enjoyable and can see the shades of a twisted Home Alone but Kevin McCallister always struck me as a bit of psycho.

2. christeeloch's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Twisted and childish. This film is brutal but also feels like a Disney channel movie somehow. Plus a twist you will never guess. Definitely worth a watch for any comedy horror fans.

3. Rocco's rating of the film Better Watch Out

The comedy is too grim and the holiday setting is an afterthought, but this is a smart, subversive shocker. Levi Miller is imminently hateable and absolutely captivating.The squeaking young sociopath is a perfectly drawn character, turning what could have been a standard “bad seed” into a high strung mass of mommy issues and inflated privilege. If this were the 80s, the character would have spawned a franchise!

4. Alex's rating of the film Better Watch Out

5. kartina obskura's rating of the film Better Watch Out

6. Disa's rating of the film Better Watch Out

it misses certain details here and there, but overall didn’t expect it to be good

7. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Such a funny twisted Disney Channel-esque gory christmas delight. Happy to see "The Visit"'s clique reunited!

8. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Better Watch Out

The boy is annoying and the kid who plays him is one bad actor. The movie could be so much better without his scoffs and twitches. By the way, this is a grave example of how not to cast actors for a horror movie.

9. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Better Watch Out

10. HKFanatic's rating of the film Better Watch Out

This is one of the most subversive yet decidedly unpleasant horror films I've seen in some time. The less you know about "Better Watch Out" going into it, the better - rest assured it's a novel reversal of the usual home invasion formula. The movie effectively showcase the ugliness of male entitlement run amok (shades of the Isla Vista shooter), but if you're like me you may find its nihilism overbearing before long.

11. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Better Watch Out

A fun and disturbing piece of home invasion cinema. I went in cold and had no clue where the movie was going which made it all the more interesting. I think that the performances were up to scratch and script and direction likewise. Props to the score which was very good and Levi Miller's acting. Downsides are that the tone is somewhat uneven and I didn't really get as involved as I should have been.

12. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Funny Games meets Home Alone, with one of the most interesting and irritating villains in recent horror films.

13. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Take it from one who has seen a large number of films over their lifetime, this is a harrowing thriller that gets under your skin and never lets go (in fact, digs in until the very last frame). Levi Miller is frighteningly good, and by this, I mean scary. Like, as scary as an insane pre-teen can be, which I found out can be pretty damn much. There are many unseen twists/turns here, so definitely watch it.

14. abyantama's rating of the film Better Watch Out

15. Catarina Fernandes's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Personally, a great film to start MOTELx this year. It kept me nervous and anxious throughout the whole movie. Had no expectations but after watching it I highly recommend it.

16. pirri's rating of the film Better Watch Out