1. msmichel's rating of the film Better Watch Out

What seems to start off as the generic babysitter slasher takes a sudden turn to the subversive and disturbing. Peckover's seasonal horror flick features good casting and effective script writing but winds up oft-putting and frankly kind of sick.

2. wiwitaek's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Hell, I didn't see it coming. I do better watch out indeed.

3. film_lies101's rating of the film Better Watch Out

That little fucker needed to die, horribly

4. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Male entitlement is the greatest monster of all in this nihilistic horror comedy that smartly subverts expectations without ever letting go of its inherent silliness. Some of its most biting comments are more cutting than what a serious prestige film on the same matter could ever hope to achieve. The end is maddening and the whole experience, while exciting, is certainly more deliberately infuriating than fun.

5. João R's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Hate ir or love it but it implanted a nice twist to the Holidays horror movies.

6. Pymo's rating of the film Better Watch Out

7. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Better Watch Out

The first act twist re-configures its typical home-invasion plot into something much more sinister, with an undercurrent of dark humor. Better Watch Out also creates one of the more unique lead villains in quite some time from there on out. Its problem is that narratively it's too stationary after that, never developing its creativity further in plot, story, or character. It does remain very watchable, though.

8. Dan's rating of the film Better Watch Out

I completely surprised myself and everyone else by selling it as a Christmas home invasion - really, just stop reading and watch it if you're at all interested. I found it really enjoyable and can see the shades of a twisted Home Alone but Kevin McCallister always struck me as a bit of psycho.

9. christeeloch's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Twisted and childish. This film is brutal but also feels like a Disney channel movie somehow. Plus a twist you will never guess. Definitely worth a watch for any comedy horror fans.

10. Rocco's rating of the film Better Watch Out

The comedy is too grim and the holiday setting is an afterthought, but this is a smart, subversive shocker. Levi Miller is imminently hateable and absolutely captivating.The squeaking young sociopath is a perfectly drawn character, turning what could have been a standard “bad seed” into a high strung mass of mommy issues and inflated privilege. If this were the 80s, the character would have spawned a franchise!

11. Alex's rating of the film Better Watch Out

12. kartina obskura's rating of the film Better Watch Out

13. Disa's rating of the film Better Watch Out

it misses certain details here and there, but overall didn’t expect it to be good

14. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Such a funny twisted Disney Channel-esque gory christmas delight. Happy to see "The Visit"'s clique reunited!

15. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Better Watch Out

The boy is annoying and the kid who plays him is one bad actor. The movie could be so much better without his scoffs and twitches. By the way, this is a grave example of how not to cast actors for a horror movie.

16. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Better Watch Out

17. HKFanatic's rating of the film Better Watch Out

This is one of the most subversive yet decidedly unpleasant horror films I've seen in some time. The less you know about "Better Watch Out" going into it, the better - rest assured it's a novel reversal of the usual home invasion formula. The movie effectively showcase the ugliness of male entitlement run amok (shades of the Isla Vista shooter), but if you're like me you may find its nihilism overbearing before long.

18. Palmat's rating of the film Better Watch Out

A fun and disturbing piece of home invasion cinema. I went in cold and had no clue where the movie was going which made it all the more interesting. I think that the performances were up to scratch and script and direction likewise. Props to the score which was very good and Levi Miller's acting. Downsides are that the tone is somewhat uneven and I didn't really get as involved as I should have been.

19. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Funny Games meets Home Alone, with one of the most interesting and irritating villains in recent horror films.

20. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Take it from one who has seen a large number of films over their lifetime, this is a harrowing thriller that gets under your skin and never lets go (in fact, digs in until the very last frame). Levi Miller is frighteningly good, and by this, I mean scary. Like, as scary as an insane pre-teen can be, which I found out can be pretty damn much. There are many unseen twists/turns here, so definitely watch it.

21. abyantama's rating of the film Better Watch Out

22. Catarina Fernandes's rating of the film Better Watch Out

Personally, a great film to start MOTELx this year. It kept me nervous and anxious throughout the whole movie. Had no expectations but after watching it I highly recommend it.

23. pirri's rating of the film Better Watch Out