1. Monasteries's rating of the film Safe

Spent the whole time drawing connections to Don DeLillo's White Noise. The insistence of maintaining a guise of normality while your world implodes. This steadfastness giving way to an immutable fear of the unknown, which manifests in symptoms of an undiagnosable illness. The pursuit of a futile cure and a surrender to the blind hope of salvation from Western Society.

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film Safe

It's skillfulness catches you off guard like nothing else I can think of. But it's not a drama, horror like it says here. That's false advertising. It's good, but no horror. It's not even really disturbing. Or dark. Drama, Arthouse would be more accurate. Or simply Drama.

3. kartina obskura's rating of the film Safe

ventolin comes handy while watching this

4. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Safe

5. pintobean's rating of the film Safe

Julianne Moore is damn good.

6. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Safe

More than any other, Safe is the film in which Haynes' frostily meticulous eye for visual perfection achieves a trembling, terrible balance between allegorical abstraction and an empathy so deep and wide you could drown in it. Much of the credit goes to Moore, but every last element serves Haynes' vision of selves and systems choking on their own and others' fumes, desperate to get clear, to be able to breathe here.

7. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film Safe

Ok this movie is campy as fuck but to be quite honest, Moore's acting (while over the top) conveys how these sorts of health conspiracy theorists act like. We are all lyme disease sufferers now. Watch this movie when you are feeling too secure about your health and want to be reminded that the ensuing biospheric extinction begins inside your own body!

8. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Safe

9. Kamran's rating of the film Safe

Julianne Moore is exquisite as the soft spoken victim of 20th century malaise in Todd Haynes meticulously crafted psycho-thriller. 87/100 - Excellent. (4.5)

10. dalena's rating of the film Safe

its a consequence of alienation of the subtle turned physical and yet it cannot be interpreted with current instruments of understanding. forcing you to construct a delicate reality within the one falling rapidly apart at the same instances, horror and serene blurring like the fog before the coming of a storm

11. Ronja's rating of the film Safe

great casting, cinematography and settings. i especially loved the first half of it. the ending is brilliant!

12. Nachtreich's rating of the film Safe

☆ e mezzo, per via degli ultimi 40 minuti.

13. _cmb's rating of the film Safe

It seamlessly enters and stays in your mind afterwards, haunting you for a while. Beautifully portrayed in its historical context, yet evading complete obsolescence.

14. João Portalegre's rating of the film Safe

my main issue here is the way I felt some scenes didn't really fit in with the rest of the amazing writing on display. it's so well made. the ending is perfect. the more I remember the beginning of the film, the more I appreciate it. it really did just suck that I got bored because some scenes weren't up to par with the rest.

15. ionosonde's rating of the film Safe

unsettling and has some nice shots, but it never reached a climax for me and i was left wanting more when the credits rolled. annoying characters, too.

16. soymilky's rating of the film Safe

the premise feels VERY 90s, which is something i dig about it. if you enjoy pyramid scheme, culty, psychological type movies, then you will enjoy this one.

17. Thomas's rating of the film Safe

18. Balthaz21's rating of the film Safe

19. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Safe

20. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Safe

Are you allergic to the 20th century? Oh, man... theoretically, Safe argues with some of my favorite topics: urban neurosis, the crack of perfect lives, social propaganda: but somehow I just can't love this. And, to me, Moore does not bring it to the table - it's bland barbie doll with no twist. I wish Haynes had taken it even further - pushing Carol and his subject to their limits. At the end, Safe felt safe.

21. (arc)'s rating of the film Safe

22. Zac Weber's rating of the film Safe

The allegory to the AIDS crisis is obvious, but viewed through a different lens, Carol's condition seems less like an illness and more like a very relatable suburban existence. Haynes pulls off his vision more fully in the first half of the film when the eerie soundtrack is juxtaposed with the idyllic San Fernando Valley. I really enjoyed the long shots where Carol was consumed by the gaudy home and landscaping.

23. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Safe

The pastel-colored modernist set design and the eerie suburban bubble she's in, gives a very stepford wife vibe. The switch from that to olive green filters really shows the character's slow deterioration and paranoia without the need of jump scares. Truely a haunting quiet psychological horror film.

24. oooooo's rating of the film Safe