1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Saint Laurent

2. Aaken's rating of the film Saint Laurent

Bonello offers us a impressionistic visual fantasy that gives us a feel of the man and his tortured psyche, and also of the era. There are many nods to Proust, Visconti and Warhol, who each in their way, described a similarly lush decadent society. Ulliel's convincing portrayal of Saint Laurent makes us forget he is almost too beautiful, Garrel is perfect as his lover, Jacques de Bascher.

3. hexhunk's rating of the film Saint Laurent

Distractingly abstract and weightless, which captures the period of film well emotionally, but is not what you want out of a 2.5 hour biopic on any subject. +1 star for style.

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Saint Laurent

5. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Saint Laurent

Voilá, what a difference a good art direction makes to a movie! I've watched both YSL biopics and while Yves Saint Laurent's life or work don't thrill me at all, I felt much more overwhelmed by Bonello's vision and cinematography.

6. Barbara Giambartolomei's rating of the film Saint Laurent

Warning to all Luchino Visconti movies lovers: Helmut Berger (yes he's old...) watch a scene from "The Damned" then Bonello uses the zoom. The movie is enchanting, better than the other movie about YSL.

7. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Saint Laurent

YSL est attachant & son art admirable dans ce long biopic plus proche de Harlequin que de Jean GENET. ULLIEL joue affecté. GAREL & SEYDOUX s'ennuient, nous aussi. Dommage que la musique n'ait pas rythmé les années. == As for GAREL & SEYDOUX, we got bored in this falsely decadent biopic, closer to Harlequin than to Jean Genet. Despite ULLIEL, YSL & his art are endearing. Too bad the music did not punctuate YSL years.

8. Edgar Echeverría's rating of the film Saint Laurent

La fotografía es muy buena, pero no.

9. spiderliliez's rating of the film Saint Laurent

Everybody knows Yves Saint Laurent, but it's not the easiest story to follow. It unfolds in bits and pieces of random relevant events of his life, and in no particular order. It feels too abstract sometimes, it was hard to take it all in. The long runtime wasn't the problem (2.5 hours), it was great. How it was presented was. Though he looks nothing like Saint Laurent, Gaspard Ulliel's portrayal is undeniable good.

10. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film Saint Laurent

life must be so beautiful in bonello's eyes

11. ikkini's rating of the film Saint Laurent

On frôle le chef d'œuvre à plusieurs moment dans ce biopic qui finalement n'en est pas un. Portrait d'une bourgeoisie oisive et malade le film perd de sa puissance avec les scènes contemporaines qui viennent hacher la narration.

12. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Saint Laurent

13. Jason's rating of the film Saint Laurent

Gaspard U. reminds me of Bowie in The Man Who Fell to Earth. Another extraterrestrial addict. YST is totally an extraterrestrial. Which, from his standpoint, would make the rest of us aliens. Women are particularly alien. They are alien alters, fetishized from a great distance. Something about celebrity removes the person who possesses it from the world. YST is very far away. Hence the ending. A really great ending.

14. msmichel's rating of the film Saint Laurent

By concentrating on a shorter time period with a more leisurely running time Bonello's sublime portrait of YSL is by far the superior film in comparison to Lespert's. Simply gorgeous in execution from its authentic costuming to its wonderful set design and exquisite cinematography. Music choices and score are also memorable. Performance wise Ulliel is quite magnificent with strong turns by Rennier and Berger.

15. quiteemotional's rating of the film Saint Laurent

16. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Saint Laurent

17. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Saint Laurent

18. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Saint Laurent

As static as only a biopic could be. Anyway it's always a movie about elegance by one of the most elegant directors out there. That's enough I suppose.

19. analeorne's rating of the film Saint Laurent

I prefer Pierre Niney as Saint Laurent, but this one has a superb photography. And Garrel.

20. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Saint Laurent

3.5 Masterfully stylized. Well acted. We never get too close to the characters, and this allows us to be a member of their world. Well done.

21. Pipim's rating of the film Saint Laurent

Après revisionnage, on quadruple la note!

22. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Saint Laurent

2.5/5. Overall, it's fine to look it, but over-indulges in attempts to be "artistic"; I quickly became bored of the incessant close-ups and long takes that didn't lend themselves to anything besides empty form. While the film is arguably an hour too long, Ulliel and Garrel give fantastic performances, despite teaching us nothing about the man himself nor his impact. Oh, and the tens of dogs, too.

23. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film Saint Laurent

24. Keldon's rating of the film Saint Laurent

consistently overwhelming; the most beautiful film I've seen in a long time