Para uma melhor experiência no MUBI, atualize seu navegador.

1. Ştefan Ristea's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

Mr. Makhmalbaf acts the best in this film, as the severe, hard-headed dicta... pardon, director.One might wonder if anything was rehearsed beforehand, or if the emotions and reactions from the participants are real - I doubt most of them are, but it still (partially) works. Both directors do a lot with very little to make this film happen, but it ultimately gets too repetitive and interest is lost at the end. Light 5

2. ooming's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

blown away, even by its way of manipulating and playing with the audience's (our) emotions. incredible insight to the rawness of the people, their desires and desperation.

3. Marach Adipalin's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

4. misu's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

5. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

6. grotesc's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

"Don't you know that cinema is cruel?"

8. Narrante's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

“The one who cries the fastest knows the most about love.”

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

Une petite merveille qui fourmille de moments inoubliables, parfois drôles, parfois cruels, par un des metteurs en scène iraniens les plus doués de sa génération... www.cinefiches.com

10. pandakuma's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

11. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

Can you cry for the camera, on cue? It could (just maybe) change your life.

12. Videograms's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

!!!!!!!!! Essential!!!!!!!

13. animalcalls's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

I inherently do not trust Makhmalbaf, and I don't think he wants us to. Salaam Cinema is a nosedive into the murky waters of the definition of truth--is acting truth? Are emotions truth? Are films truth? Is THIS film truth? At one point he poses a question to a man: if he were directing a film, would he cast Makhmalbaf as the good or bad guy? "The bad guy," the man says. The proceeding shot is the film distilled.

14. glitchedplant's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

so many parts in this made me cry. the rawness of iranian films make so much sense after this audition process. i did read somewhere that the entire audition was acted out but i don't think i care if that's true or not. these humans were brilliant whether it was their real feelings or acted out feelings. they're all humane artists.

15. leona's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

Mohsen Makhmalbaf will be joining us at the QUADRANGLE FILM FESTIVAL in Kent next weekend! Very exciting! He will be talking to us after a screening in the barn of Salaam Cinema. Still tickets left for this very different kind for film event. http://www.quadranglefilmfest.com/. Camping, local produce, live music and a beautiful river to wild swim in. See you there?

16. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

Salaam Cinema goes further than most other Iranian meta-films in exposing the deceits built into filmmaking. One can dismiss the whole premise as a planned gimmick, but it is to Makhmalbaf's credit that he lets us question his motivations too.

17. Hani's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

"- Fall Down! - No. - I'm shooting at you. Why don't you fall down?! - I don't like Action films!"

18. gory™'s rating of the film Salaam Cinema

believe it or not,i cried when i saw zidal zaleh's scene.

19. rajiv ibrahim's rating of the film Salaam Cinema

what a great tribute to cinema