1. FISCHER's rating of the film Salt of the Earth

Une oeuvre essentielle, voire mythique, incontournable film contestataire, aux étonnants propos féministes plutôt novateurs pour l'époque, traversée de part en part d'un stupéfiant souffle revendicatif, rappelant le meilleur des films politiques muets soviétiques. Ce film unique dans la production de l'époque, fut interdit durant onze ans par la fièvre et la transe maccarthystes. www.cinefiches.com

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Salt of the Earth

3. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Salt of the Earth

4. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Salt of the Earth

5. Cbarky99's rating of the film Salt of the Earth

The fact this solidarity-themed drama got made when it did is quite remarkable, and the fundamental message of equality and dignity it-- what's that you say? It was actually BLACKLISTED? .... Figures.

6. caro_larrain's rating of the film Salt of the Earth

Had no reference, expectation or ever heard of this film. Watching it was a gift, I'm totally motivated to find out more bout cast and crew. Film is a wonderful twist/use of classic narrative with a social focus and merging social transformation, human rights and history into the structure of the film. The result is exciting and beautiful, photography is great too - an extra- for this surprising film.

7. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Salt of the Earth

If we're gonna say "african-americans", "mexican-americans", we shall might as well say "anglo-americans" more frequent. An outstanding political movie on how exploitation was conducted and how it could be defeated. The mechanisms of the struggle for power goes across gender, ethnicity and the dispute for natural resources. Feminism and women's creativity were beautifully portrayed in this great piece.

8. Knut Morte's rating of the film Salt of the Earth

We shall not, we shall not be moved. We shall not, we shall not be moved. Just like the tree that's standing by the water, We shall not be moved.

9. Ghazal Ahmadi's rating of the film Salt of the Earth