1. Anastasia's rating of the film Sampha: Process

this is what it feels like when music has a story. heartbreaking.

2. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Sampha: Process

An autobiographical, philosophical yet visceral, cross-cultural stream of consciousness, a soundscape and dreamscape flowing between London and Freetown. Culture can migrate with the person. Indeed, every culture is a mosaic of countless personal, familial, and local stories and experiences. Culture is exchanged across time and space, yet it is always changing in the PROCESS. That is the narrative: sung yet unspoken.

3. Jess's rating of the film Sampha: Process

A stunning marriage of image and sound I've felt fortunate to experience, and not likely to forget. I felt immersed in each person, in each moment. Glimpses of sounds and melodies and everything in between were seamlessly woven together despite even the most abrupt shifts. It was beautiful, it was emotional; it somehow felt honest, and bare. A brief encapsulation of a soul. I couldn't look away.

4. Yvonx S's rating of the film Sampha: Process

Interesting; really interesting. Some stunning cinematography; gorgeous images from Sierra Leone juxtaposed with gray grimy London; but everywhere the artist eye can fix on beauty. This short - about half hour - is well worth the time. Dreamy, atmospheric and filled with very photogenic people. Some excellent dance too. Themes of identity and loss but it's subtle and the imagery is more than enough.

5. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Sampha: Process

Absolutely breathtaking. This stunning collage transported me to Sampha’s world. I would watch anything from director Joseph.

6. Richard Bolisay's rating of the film Sampha: Process

"No one knows me like the piano in my mother's home." That made me tear up a bit.

7. mochalate's rating of the film Sampha: Process

Absolutely beautiful. The cinematography was breathtaking. An auditory & visual feast providing an insight into two different worlds and one man’s history by snapshot. So glad I caught it before it left.

8. G.'s rating of the film Sampha: Process

Can't wait until Joseph (hopefully) decides to do a full-length feature! And if it's a narrative... !! Or better yet -- an afrofuturist narrative... !!!

9. mpho3's rating of the film Sampha: Process

A musical meditation whose entrancing imagery weaves personal, familial, and cultural history into a wistful tapestry. 3.5

10. Diane's rating of the film Sampha: Process

This is like a dreamscape with Sampha's music amplifying the atmosphere.

11. El Biffo's rating of the film Sampha: Process

I watched this twice and I could watch it again. Thanks, Mubi :))

12. Max.Madrid's rating of the film Sampha: Process

13. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Sampha: Process

A visually impressive short that feels like an extended music video, which is what it essentially IS, in my opinion, this could have been a bit tighter and more audacious, but holds up nonetheless as an enjoyable way to spend just over 30 minutes.

14. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Sampha: Process

An absolutely stunning and cinematic music video of sorts. The images that Kahlil Joseph captures and creates are truly amazing and utterly breathtaking at times. Just gorgeous cinematography. Sampha's music is not my bag, but when he's playing on the piano and singing, he's at his best (for me). There's a beautiful song about him playing on his mother's piano that I just loved.

15. CINEMAMA's rating of the film Sampha: Process

Kahlil Joseph has recently become my favourite director and he hasn't even made a feature. I'm so glad he's pioneering this visual album thing because they're each as stunning as the next ('Lemonade' was basically an event; I know people who remember where they were when they first heard about 'Beyonce') The music and visuals merge so well here, Sampha is incredible, I can't wait to watch this again and again.

16. Richard Tines's rating of the film Sampha: Process

i'm halfway through and already i miss it on MUBI...art as engagement with/also vacation from/ the world and it's promises and perils...stellar...i'll be back...audiovisual art as empowerment OF life, and although i may not personally be part of Sampha's key demographic, i can still rave on and on about the fineness of the final product...and F it, i dig it, so i AM the demographic...found my blanket for the year!

17. yannisky's rating of the film Sampha: Process

A teasing trailer for the album but still captures an intimate portrait of the singer. Enjoyed the cuts and flow of image and sound.

18. Jeff Zie's rating of the film Sampha: Process

19. 'king Harold's rating of the film Sampha: Process

20. alistairappleton's rating of the film Sampha: Process

21. Patrick Groenland's rating of the film Sampha: Process

22. 7777777's rating of the film Sampha: Process

The young Jedi Kahlil Joseph can do no wrong it seems. Inspiring.

23. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Sampha: Process

First half is rather an interesting mix of documentary, experimental film, music video and a travelogue piece - all mixed with stunning images and lighting. Sadly the music element takes over and takes too much of the focus.

24. SpursSince67c's rating of the film Sampha: Process

Hmm...couldn't possibly understand or empathise with the mis mash of edit cuts here there and everywhere...very late Terence Malick influences obviously but at least his sequences are more cohesive and comprehensible so therein lies the difference...and to be honest most of the tracks sounded the same, not complaining just commentating...very modern film School camera techniques, tracking in/out, panning slow, etc...