1. MistaRichard's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

Kind of a "hidden gem" that is perfectly watchable, although it does fall a bit short at the beginning, only later finding a comfortable pace. It is a nice start to a trilogy, and I look forward to watching the next chapters. Be warned: it is very convenient to know at least a bit about japanese culture, as this film was made mainly for a japanese audience.

2. Ethan's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

This is a spectacular epic with amazing scenery and color and another stellar performance from the always great Toshiro Mifune.

3. LifeofFiction's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

The scope of this film is surprisingly small for being about one of the most legendary samurai's of all time. It serves as a good, unassuming, introduction to Musashi.

4. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

I really don't know what to make of this movie. Really it's more like a long introduction than anything else. Since it's the first movie of a trilogy I guess it kinda makes sense, but in that particular case the first part doesn't work as a standalone film. If for some reason you were to watch only this one, you'd get almost nothing out of it.

5. emichan's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

6. Phoenix Rising's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

I loved this film, but I could never find the sequels in the library where I borrowed it from. I want to rent them but don't know where I can get a hold of them, short of buying.

7. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

Enjoyed this far more than any of the other popular samurai films. I think the color (kimonos and landscapes!) and the emphasis on attaining internal strength and peace of mind are what interest me.

8. A47's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

A story of violence, sex, growth and discipline. An epic tale of personal development. Great lighting design, acting and dialogue, but nowhere near a Kurosowa-level of quality or craftsmanship. Still, fun to watch.

9. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

Enjoyable samurai film that while episodic is a highly entertaining and minimal in scope.

10. brent's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

This is a good start to the trilogy. If you're new to the Musashi samurai trilogy let this film base your overall appeal of the films. In it you'll see the life of the Japanese legend, Miyamoto Musashi unfold in a dramatic and action based depiction. Well worth seeing!

11. Crap Monster's rating of the film Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

The first part of this trilogy was overall enjoyable but I still can't shake how poorly adapted it was from the original novel. I admit that isn't a fair assessment as technically the film is an adaption of the play that was adapted from the text.