1. MistaRichard's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

Everything I actually liked about the first one is almost entirely completely stripped away and replaced by a more introverted, awkwardly paced, clumsily written and consequently boring narrative. I'm still going to watch the third and final instalment in the series, but expectations are now much lower.

2. Ethan's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

This is even more exciting than the first film. Mifune continues being badass as Musashi and it is truly a marvel of epic filmmaking.

3. LifeofFiction's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

Less episodic than the first, however it doesn't focus on Mifune's character as much. Less Mifune is never a good thing.

4. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

Better than the first film. The acting is just as good, but with a stronger story that's paced better. The only problem I have that carried over from the first part is the overall by-the-numbers feel of the film. I have to admit though that I had a good time watching the movie. It's a bit shallow in the sense that you don't really feel the emotional and spiritual evolution of the protagonist, but it's entertaining.

5. emichan's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

Vagabond chapter menengah

6. joey Noodles's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

Not as good as the first installment in the trilogy, this film feels as if its pacing was off and the romances are slightly lacking in emotional depth.

7. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

better than Kurosawa's samurai films

8. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

Full of deceit and melodrama, this 2nd installment in the trilogy comes to a satisfying conclusion.

9. Tobin.'s rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

This wonderful trilogy deserves much more recognition.

10. brent's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

Probably my favorite of the trilogy. Musashi's complexity in life and belief of life. For a standalone film it may come across as too confusing. However it is magnificently presented and well worth seeing.

11. Crap Monster's rating of the film Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

I wish I could rate/review this film higher but its quite forgettable in relation to the original text. Also, the particular print quality of the Criterion edition is so dark that its hard to judge the film when the viewer cannot make out half the film...