1. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

The final duel,is a fitting end to one of the greatest trilogies in World Cinema.Blades flashing in the rising Sun,as the two warriors face each other,man to man!However,Inagaki's trilogy is not just about conflict.Its about honour,doing what is right and love(both requited and unrequited).The misen scene is fabulous and the Eastmancolor is glorious.As for Toshiro Mifune.He proves what a great actor he was.A Classic.

2. Ethan's rating of the film Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

This is an exciting end to this epic trilogy. Hiroshi Inagaki crafted a very beautiful trilogy with vibrant colors, great actors, and excellent action. Also I cannot stress enough how great Toshiro Mifune is.

3. LifeofFiction's rating of the film Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

4. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

Conclusion to the classic trilogy starring Mifune. I wish I could be more excited by this. But I found the whole thing so incredibly average. The third part is basically a rehash of the second one. I can admit though that as far as style and direction go, the third entry was the strongest. It had beautiful shots and skillful camera movements.

5. emichan's rating of the film Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

6. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

A fitting conclusion to the trilogy.

7. brent's rating of the film Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

I felt that this was a well deserved ending to the samurai trilogy. The life of Musashi was well adapted into Inagaki's picture. The one regret is that it may have benefited slightly from a few more years of colour technology to develop. But overall it was a beautiful conclusion to the trilogy.

8. Crap Monster's rating of the film Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

Mostly uninteresting and underwhelming. At best, an average adaptation to a great novel.