1. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

2. dordairobert's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Efficace et courageuse critique du système féodal nippon, durant l'ère Edo, avec en filigrane une constante prédominance affirmée du sentiment sur le politique, de la liberté individuelle sur l'asservissement clanique, avec un Toshirô Mifune égal à lui-même, c'est-à-dire époustouflant de présence et de charisme, dans une oeuvre importante du cinéma mondial. www.cinefiches.com

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Good thing they kept the receipt.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

6. Renton47's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

A political film that is not really 'for' anything other than personal ethics; it certainly shuns traditionalism but also doesn't advocate any progressivism. The individual stands against power for love and honour, codes which Kobayashi think matter even if not to history. Incredible design, successive mounting of protocols is great build up. Human fallibility in nature's beauty surely influenced Malick.

7. bagno's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

8. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

10. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

perhaps a denser, more stately companion to "Harakiri" but no less deft, no less scathing. Kobayashi has got to be one of the most underrated directors in history

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

The social dilemma of the film - bureaucratic traditionalism vs. the sanctity of the family unit - is just as heartbreaking and wrought as Kobayashi's other works. This is Sirk with katanas; heightened family melodrama underscored by incredible B&W cinematography. The extended-family-encounter scene is as brilliantly staged and handled as the action-heavy ending.

12. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Toshiro Mifune is the greatest samurai in the history of cinema and whoever denies it should do harakiri. This is an excellent film. Made with knowledge of rhythm, impeccable performances, balanced tables and an unforgettable story.

13. Dignan's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

14. João Eça's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Could be good, but it goes over the top too often.

15. superjano's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Excepcional, desde el primer al último plano. Una de las grandes obras maestras del cine.

16. emichan's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

What is the definition of badass? Toshiro Mifune.

17. krisjkondrad's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

My new favorite samurai movie which I guess kind of makes it my new favorite film! This is one of those rare "flawless" films and also stars Mifune and Nakadai! At the moment I would say Masaki Kobayashi is the greatest director of all time. The Human Condition, Hara-Kiri, Samurai Rebellion, come on!

18. joey Noodles's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Kobayashi is one of my favourite directors, this does not disappoint. It is extremely angry and passionate, a trademark of Kobayashi's best work (bar Kwaidan) and Mifune was the perfect choice, as he is such a passionate onscreen performer. The atmosphere, like Harakiri, is pressure cooker and we care for the characters. However, it did drag a little at the end which was a shame. 4/5 Brilliant

19. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Kobayashi's angry tale of injustice wisely builds tension without violence alongside Mifune's increasing impactful performance until the final moments when everything explodes into tragedy and bloodshed.

20. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Another brilliant performance from Toshiro Mifune.He commands in this story of fighting injustice in feudal Japan.The violence at the end takes nothing away from its impact as a touching family drama.

21. Howard Orr's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

I think Kobayashi's other famous film on samurai rebellion "Harakiri" is in another class in terms of quality to this film, but this is fun nevertheless.

22. apexa's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

Nice change for me in seeing a non-Kurosawa collaboration with Mifune and wow I was exceeded in expectations. Really fantastic & Mifune showed a lot of depth to his character.

23. Mathieu Langlois's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

It was nice to see Yoko Tsukasa in a Jidaigeki, I absolutely loved her in Late Autumn. And Toshiro Mifune is badass as always in this movie, I wish he was my dad.

24. Berjuan's rating of the film Samurai Rebellion

The film is so subdued. It reminds me of The Castle by Heneke because you never see the villain. The villain is an idea.