1. Maxime's rating of the film Samurai Spy

Engulfed in a surrounding quest for power, Sasuke seeks an existential purpose by questioning the motivations of his peers and refusing the absurdity of war - all the while taking part in this violent society. He is the catalyst of the trouble of his times, the one who is supposed to hold the information that will tilt power one way or another.

2. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Samurai Spy

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Samurai Spy

4. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Samurai Spy

Serviceable Samurai film. Scratched the itch.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Samurai Spy

6. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Samurai Spy

visually stunning, but incredibly convoluted and dull. I've loved every other Shinoda film I've seen so this was extra disappointing

7. Alejandro Amores's rating of the film Samurai Spy

The anti zankoku chanbara. Shinoda's second take on the genre plays with the aesthetics of the static rather than with the poetics of constant movement. Critical and political as always, Shinoda writes a veiled essay on a genre that wasn't too far from becoming the gore feast we witnessed in Katsu Production flicks.

8. catch_33's rating of the film Samurai Spy

It all comes down to the line "you are a strange man". Sure Sasuke is ruthless, efficient and a spy above all other things, but he is a humanist. He is in it for himself and the helpless. It is a strange ideal for a selfish ronin spy to have, but it makes for one interesting character. At the conclusion of the film, we know nothing about him, only then does this strike us as strange.