1. Feng Ling's rating of the film Sanchu Uprising: Voices at Dawn

feels like an interesting piece of exposition on japanese culture (mostly reminds me the ending discussion from 7 samurais on how farmers survive) that went astray to some pseudo-philosophical rent

2. Mark's rating of the film Sanchu Uprising: Voices at Dawn

A little pretentious with quality of filmmaking not quite living up to the statement it makes, but is still thoroughly enjoyable for the effort it makes. Interesting performance by Naohisa Tanaka.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Sanchu Uprising: Voices at Dawn

4. Nick Potter's rating of the film Sanchu Uprising: Voices at Dawn

I really enjoyed the minimalism and the poetic nature of the storytelling. The black and white cinematography was excellent, but the film is perhaps longer than it needs to be.

5. Landen Celano's rating of the film Sanchu Uprising: Voices at Dawn

Fantastic direction, and lush cinematography. Couldn't get on board with the jazzy score, but overall it's quite impressive.

6. David Richards's rating of the film Sanchu Uprising: Voices at Dawn

Surprising use of animation and theater toward the end. I feel like I need to watch it a second time. I got the political content, but I feel like something else is happening here, maybe some kind of Buddhist parable. Slow paced, but ultimately engaging.