1. jhubbs's rating of the film Sanjuro

Lesser than Yojimbo in technical terms, grandness, cinematography. A lighter, more comedic take that works well but quite differently. The "unsheathed sword" bit was the most interesting aspect... more development of it could have warped the film into a real critique. The final 'battle' is bold and brilliant.

2. Danny Mansfield's rating of the film Sanjuro

While it doesn't *quite* reach the levels of its predecessor Yojimbo, I can't help but give this a 5. It is a superbly crafted film, with some gorgeous immersive photography, and a memorable ending.

3. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Sanjuro

a nice change of pace for kurosawa as well as mifune, showing how versatile they both truly are

4. Clat's rating of the film Sanjuro

5. Vince Wynne's rating of the film Sanjuro

Not as great as Yojimbo, but still a favorite of mine. Mifune, as always, is fantastic and you can and never will go wrong with classic Kurosawa.

6. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Sanjuro

7. MGeo's rating of the film Sanjuro

Aside from it being an extremely well crafted film (as all of Kurosawa's films are), this one didn't do it for me as much as other have; primarily because it slightly pales in comparison to its predecessor: Yojimbo. Still a great and entertaining movie that has an extremely memorable ending.

8. Riccardo's rating of the film Sanjuro

"Aren't you tired of being stupid yet?"

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Sanjuro

Humour, sabres et camélias ! www.cinefiches.com

10. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Sanjuro

11. samuset's rating of the film Sanjuro

12. flalorm's rating of the film Sanjuro

Ahh Sanjuro es mi personaje favorito en la historia del cine

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Sanjuro

A sequel of the great Yojimbo. Sanjuro has some improvements from the previous one. This movie has a lot of action sequences, thrilling moments, and epic final battle. Still, I feel that Yojimbo's plot is much better than this movie. It doesn't mean Sanjuro's plot is bad. It just - not too "whoa" for me. But it's still a good movie from Mr. Akira Kurosawa...

14. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Sanjuro

"The best sword is kept in its sheath" I'm slowly making my way through Akira Kurosawa's filmography. I have of course heard of him, but I've only scene a handful of his films. That being said I loved Sanjuro! This is a worthy successor to Yojimbo in almost every aspect. It was great seeing Toshiro Mifune back in this iconic role. The final duel is amazing! I'm having a hard time describing how much I loved Sanjuro

15. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film Sanjuro

Blockbusterele contemporane de acţiune fumează harpacică în comparaţie cu intensitatea şi dinamica acestei bombe.

16. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Sanjuro

This trip to feudal Japan has some amazing photography gems. Most definitely japanese eye candy with wasabi spice: it begins slowly then it burns because Kurosawa knows how to prolong its climax: he passes slowly by these sets. With oriental pace, Sanjuro is a very immersive black and white ticket to samurai cinema study.

17. Chris's rating of the film Sanjuro

just slightly better than yojimbo (both 10/10), dunno why its not as popular

18. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Sanjuro

Nowhere near as good as Yojimbo, but a decent samurai film none the less.

19. bmelis's rating of the film Sanjuro

20. David Rivera Castro's rating of the film Sanjuro

Excelente película. El guión es irreal y parece ingenuo, pero es sólo para demostrar la idea detrás de la película. Los cuadros de casi todas las escenas están cuidadosamente compuestos para crear un balance visual remarcable.

21. Henri's rating of the film Sanjuro

Un cru honnête pour le duo Kurosawa-Mifune. Bon film de samouraïs/western.

22. Christophe's rating of the film Sanjuro

Comme d'habitude la figure de Mifune transfigure le récit limpide et magnifique de Kurosawa

23. Julius GL's rating of the film Sanjuro