1. Walker's rating of the film Sans soleil

an important movie for true lovers of cinema

2. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film Sans soleil

3. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Sans soleil

Chris Marker is a true revisionist of the seventh art. In "Sans Soleil" he reimagines the concepts of image, memory, time and Cinema. The film takes the form of a travelogue guiding the viewer trough an alienating and ever expanding modern society with commentaries of the camera person (Marker?) read by someone else. It forms a unique cinematic object that is captivating, deeply touching and haunting. Masterpiece.

4. armsoreal's rating of the film Sans soleil

kinda condescending. trying-to-sound-smart but empty discourse. it's a wonder how one could make Japan look so dull and uninspiring. true, i only saw the black - couldn't find anything remotely beautiful in this film or anything positive to say about it.

5. grassybrownie's rating of the film Sans soleil

Banality is the only word that kept echoing in my mind while watching this film. This is surely one of the ugliest movies in the world. If I want to see the ugliness of humanity, movies will be the last thing on earth I would come to. Chris Marker has the talent to make everything he touches turn into something so disgusting and withering. It's ironic yet ridiculous how the world celebrates something like this.

6. caddie's rating of the film Sans soleil

« Life is a collective dream ». Sans Soleil goes so far in the reflections on existence and memory of humankind. I want to dig further.

7. etilen's rating of the film Sans soleil

Who remembers all that? History throws its empty bottles out the window.

8. petit astronaute's rating of the film Sans soleil

9. teresa romã's rating of the film Sans soleil

I feel like a senseless rock rating this and reading every review, but it just didn't do it for me.

10. ijol's rating of the film Sans soleil

One of the segments said that it was Lunar New Year, the year of the dog. And tonight is Lunar New Year and this year is the year of the dog. What kind of sorcery is this?

11. AwkwardZoneDefeated's rating of the film Sans soleil

12. Anca.'s rating of the film Sans soleil

I am left with the thought that I would love to have the letters read to me every night as a bedtime story.

13. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Sans soleil

14. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Sans soleil

You can tell that Don Herztfeldt watched this once.

15. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film Sans soleil

I came to this film knowing nothing about it and was shocked by its extremely apparent visual lust and fascination with the world, the precision in its observation of people and history but mostly the poetry and intimacy that seems to tie all of humanity together. I am going to remember this film for a long time.

16. georgiakirilov's rating of the film Sans soleil

One of the most sensitive, subtle and profound films one could ever encounter in this world ruled by images.

17. mootz15's rating of the film Sans soleil

Made me think of the works of W.G. Sebald.

18. ioakimintilkisi's rating of the film Sans soleil

Hayvanların zarar gördüğü sahneler canımı çok sıkıyor ama aşırı etkileyici bir dil, başyapıt.

19. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Sans soleil

20. captainfez's rating of the film Sans soleil

That's one hell of a home movie.

21. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Sans soleil

Watching 'Sans Soleil' feels like communing with another mind and, as such, gives me hope for the Omega Point. Marker's work embodies such a sophisticated relationship to time it almost seems facile to call it visionary, though this is precisely what it is in the most pure and ecstatic sense of the term. A film for a better species than humans [cats?] full of grace, wonder, humanity, chaos, patterns and humour.

22. Louis Petit's rating of the film Sans soleil

Stranger amongst people. Our memories stained on a film. Travels engraved in the heart and the soul.

23. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Sans soleil

24. Tibulle85's rating of the film Sans soleil

Carnet de voyage filmé et sensible, jonglant entre différents pays (mais focalisé avt tout sur le Japon), mélange étonnant d'intimisme et de grandes envolées analytiques plus ou moins inspirées. Le style éblouit autant qu'il irrite; pour ma part, le charme s'est usé au bout d'une heure sous les coups d'une voix off plus que monocorde, et les 20 dernières minutes furent laborieuses à suivre.