1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Sans soleil

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Sans soleil

You can tell that Don Herztfeldt watched this once.

3. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film Sans soleil

I came to this film knowing nothing about it and was shocked by its extremely apparent visual lust and fascination with the world, the precision in its observation of people and history but mostly the poetry and intimacy that seems to tie all of humanity together. I am going to remember this film for a long time.

4. georgiakirilov's rating of the film Sans soleil

One of the most sensitive, subtle and profound films one could ever encounter in this world ruled by images.

5. mootz15's rating of the film Sans soleil

Made me think of the works of W.G. Sebald.

6. ioakimintilkisi's rating of the film Sans soleil

Hayvanların zarar gördüğü sahneler canımı çok sıkıyor ama aşırı etkileyici bir dil, başyapıt.

7. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Sans soleil

8. captainfez's rating of the film Sans soleil

That's one hell of a home movie.

9. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Sans soleil

Watching 'Sans Soleil' feels like communing with another mind and, as such, gives me hope for the Omega Point. Marker's work embodies such a sophisticated relationship to time it almost seems facile to call it visionary, though this is precisely what it is in the most pure and ecstatic sense of the term. A film for a better species than humans [cats?] full of grace, wonder, humanity, chaos, patterns and humour.

10. louis0407@hotmail.com's rating of the film Sans soleil

Stranger amongst people. Our memories stained on a film. Travels engraved in the heart and the soul.

11. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Sans soleil

12. Tibulle85's rating of the film Sans soleil

Carnet de voyage filmé et sensible, jonglant entre différents pays (mais focalisé avt tout sur le Japon), mélange étonnant d'intimisme et de grandes envolées analytiques plus ou moins inspirées. Le style éblouit autant qu'il irrite; pour ma part, le charme s'est usé au bout d'une heure sous les coups d'une voix off plus que monocorde, et les 20 dernières minutes furent laborieuses à suivre.

13. Ludovic72's rating of the film Sans soleil

Une vaste (et impressionnante) réflexion sur la mémoire, l'Histoire, la réalité, le rêve... Par le montage et la voix off, Marker circule entre les territoires et les idées en créant de surprenantes passerelles. Il revient souvent à quelques obsessions (les chats, le Japon, l'impermanence des choses...) mais sa mosaïque reste universelle. Certains passages gagneraient à être plus courts ou moins denses / littéraires.

14. PhKa's rating of the film Sans soleil

a revoir souvent... sans doute

15. luís debonoir's rating of the film Sans soleil

We should fully commit when watching, otherwise the little details on the images and the dense words will not get through. When we really observe the mundane we start seeing the most unique things. As Marker said, “After circling the globe, only banality still interests me". There's human connection, but this is mostly an interior relationship with memory. The icelandic children running in the field is just gorgeous.

16. Sylvia's rating of the film Sans soleil

Dream-like. A really wonderful watch, full of intriguing and fascinating moments.

17. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Sans soleil

It was like a philosophical essay on culture, memory, being westerner and being non-westerner.

18. Ben Nash's rating of the film Sans soleil

A continuous narrative over a collection of seemingly dissonant images, signifying and demonstrating the oneness of the world. Beautiful.

19. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Sans soleil

20. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Sans soleil

21. ppg198's rating of the film Sans soleil

J'ai vu ce film plusieurs fois. Je le regarde là encore une fois. J'habite pas très loin du lieu où Chris Marker résidait. Un film de maturité et un guide pour voir ! J'ai même le cdrom interactif Immemory mais hélas je ne peux plus le consulter sur ces nouveaux ordinateurs… I did saw this movie several times. I watch it an another time. I live quite close from Chris Marker's home. A mature work. A guide to see.

22. Trinankur Banerjee's rating of the film Sans soleil

If they don't see the review, at least they will see the white.

23. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Sans soleil