1. dionysus67's rating of the film Santa sangre

Sitting uncomfortably with the many sources (Fellini,Buñuel, Romero) from which it draws inspiration, this blood cocktail of deranged passion, cultish obsession, and religious redemption has moments of poignancy to offer as well as cinematic flair. The excess though to which the director immerses himself pulls the rug out from him and makes this look more like kitsch pastiche than inspired authorship. Disappointing.

2. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Santa sangre

An absolutely hypnotizing piece of cinema. Horrific, heartwarming, bold. Jodorowsky's a visionary. So many scenes that will stick with me for a long time.

3. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Santa sangre

Rewatched and re-loved. This is not only my favorite Jodorowsky. For him, it's his best film too. "I met a real serial killer, Goyo Cárdenas. (...) We went for coffee and he said: I am a serial killer. (..) He killed 17 women and didn’t remember anything about the murders. He spent ten years in a madhouse and then left because he was cured. (...) So he was partly an inspiration, I wanted this idea of redemption..."

4. daniroelleb's rating of the film Santa sangre

I love this film... I'm a huge fan of Alejandro's work I will say will all of the very thoughtful moments and decisions made for the art direction I wish there was more time spent developing a few of the characters to understand the role they actually play like the tattooed women I wanted more for her. But overall I'm happy with the project you definitely need to be in a certain mood for this film but oh well.. 4.5

5. Alex Flores's rating of the film Santa sangre

Fantastic mixed of realism and surrealism.

6. tegarbudi's rating of the film Santa sangre

7. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Santa sangre

The visual language alone about complex human situations makes this a must see. 4.5

8. Cinemadisc's rating of the film Santa sangre

Quite possibly the most philosophically analogical and influenced film ever made. I see new references and connections to itself each time i watch it. This means so much

9. msmichel's rating of the film Santa sangre

A Jodorowsky film actually focused on story makes for an unique watch in his filmography. Mind you one can clearly see it is a work by this iconoclast filmmaker as the surrealistic touches and bizarre sensuality are well present. Some haunting sequences and some gonzo performances also make this a standout.

10. Luca's rating of the film Santa sangre

so bad that my dvd player literally crushed about minute 70. Quite pissed off by this but It couldn't get any better I suppose, total trash

11. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Santa sangre

Jodorowsky at his bloodiest and most entertaining. A film with religious cults, mimes, armless killers, circus brutality and elephant funerals and yet it’s Jodorowsky’s most accessible and overall fun film. One of those that makes me smile just thinking about it.

12. Andre's rating of the film Santa sangre

A movie made of nothing but unforgettable images. Artificial, disgusting, surreal, sensual, hilarious, ridiculous, terrifying, heartbreaking...the symbolism works because it's so sincere and direct. A geuine treasure

13. Elena Boldor's rating of the film Santa sangre

Such a tedious movie! I’ve expected way more than this.

14. Nachtreich's rating of the film Santa sangre

15. Superfrog's rating of the film Santa sangre

Why is everyone so crazy about this. I really had to force myself through. The freak show thing is only vaguely entertaining, the attempts to shock fall flat, the gore gratuitous...

16. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Santa sangre

Toujours aussi surprenant, dérangeant, spectaculaire et délirant... ce Jodo ! Je me demande si je n'ai pas vu un panda passer...? En tout cas, il y en avait un dans la salle de cinéma ou devant son écran !

17. BUTTAUD's rating of the film Santa sangre

The subject is so insane but some images are beautiful...

18. Pierre.F's rating of the film Santa sangre

Un grand film avec un univers très cohérent et très bien campé. La caméra, très mobile, colle à l'action. L'art de Jodorowsky, c'est de nous faire entrer dans l'univers mental de ce schizophrène qui vit sous l'imago de sa mère. La poésie se mêle au crime, le sang à la joie. Il demeure qu'une impression d'inquiétante étrangeté qui parcourt tout le film.

19. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Santa sangre

Alcuni momenti sono da 4 stelle

20. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Santa sangre

21. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Santa sangre

Grotesque, sad, and really unnerving. Also really (and surprisingly) human and tender. I'm not the biggest Jodorowsky fan, but this film doesn't feel like it's meandering in the way some of his others do.

22. FISCHER's rating of the film Santa sangre

Impossible de résumer brièvement l'intrigue de ce poème cinématographique à connotation divine et satanique à la fois. Une parade incongrue, magique, sublime... www.cinefiches.com

23. Meastro0's rating of the film Santa sangre

24. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Santa sangre

Standard genius effort from Jodorowski. Missed seeing a movie from him. Always refreshing, no matter how "old"

← Previous 1 3 4 5