1. Balthaz21's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

2. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

3. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Kind of a strange and forgettable dance exercise turned generic horror movie, with confused meaning and aimlessness.

4. FelicityDreamer's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Dark, mesmerising and eerie. Clever short film with an engaging story, strong visuals and music.

5. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Like a sketchbook come to life. It's an interesting exercise in depicting different forms attempting to find a way to capture and express their subject. The music and dance are its most interesting and successful aspects. Nicely lit and designed.

6. Carrie Hunter's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

7. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Many years after the battle was fought, they say you could hear the sound of bones crunching under your feet when walking across the wheat fields of Gettysburg. The Western plains, too, so wide open and free, lay littered with the bleached white skulls of bison for decades. Winchester's repeating arms. Madness. Delusions. Dead children with loony mourning mothers. Oh, the mountains of wealth this nation has produced.

8. Jason's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Talk about yr hybrid films. This one is a combination of expressionistic ballet / opera, backstage exposé, information-delivery-system-type doc, and Gothic horror. All of it spliced together just so. I have never seen a better exemplar of the concept that much of the cutting of a movie is already going on in pre-production. These pieces fit together in a way that only cinema could make them. Sum greater than parts.

9. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Fantastic subject for this moment in history. Well-intentioned, but deeply flawed. Dysfunctional echoes of the more recent Cremaster films. some Isaac Julian, Robert Wilson, maybe. Some of the concept and formal means start to have a bit of life in retrospect, now that the unfortunate film is no longer the primary experience, though it could just be the hauntingness of the real story. Glad to have seen it, though.

10. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

11. panagiotatos's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

6/10, an interesting unknown story to me, the film not quite powerful though.

12. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Since making sense isn't really a priority for me, I appreciated this. Especially the music. And thought the look of it all. All stately grandeur and baroque flourishes.

13. David R Williams's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Chilling. There is more mood, more tension, more sense of dread and terror in this short film than in 10 of the last so-called horror films I've seen prior combined.

14. msmichel's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

A strange and fascinating mix of dance, gothic drama, history and filmmaking.

15. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Mysterious and fascinating. Very much like its subject, Sarah Winchester. Some strong visual imaging going on. Cool, dark electronic scoring. Amazing ballet efforts as well. Playing out in three short acts, this is definitely experimental. I usually don't like this kind of thing, but was very fascinated by this. Regardless, it's great performance art and thoroughly engaging.

16. Yvonx S's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Bit esoteric and disjointed for me. I was disappointed that there was so little actual ballet. An excellent contribution by a choir helped enliven the middle but overall it was a mishmash of styles/mediums. The use of a little girl covered in blood was gratuitous and played to a hackneyed trope in cinema - I'd have thought blood stained male soldiers haunted the Winchesters the most.

17. Janis-LV's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

18. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Atmospheric, ambitious, and just the right amount of meta. This film begins telling a dark story of loss and frames it through the struggles of artists trying to capture it. There is a turn near the midway point that shifts the film and shakes the understanding of the film and it becomes more of a rumination on artistic relation to material and storytelling. The film disaffected, but not at the expense of intrigue.

19. moniquekidman's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Intriguing mixture of dance, music, history, and film. The story of Sarah Winchester is quite unsettling, and this film captured that feeling perfectly. I feel like it ends too soon, however; what we witness for 24 minutes is so intoxicating, I could have watched more.

20. fearraigh's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Not sure if I grasped the full significance of the ballet but the central story is intriguing and Bonello mounts the drama in an absorbing manner. Kept me interested.

21. Pierre.F's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Un ballet filmé dans toutes ses dimensions. Une narration traitée sur plusieurs niveaux. Le résultat est génial.

22. mpho3's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

"It’s a beautifully controlled, tonally seductive short with a straight-up three-act story on the one hand and a teasing, tantalizing, expect-anything ambience on the other. It’s a stimulating hybrid of historical essay, ghost story and site-responsive text.” - Michael Pattison, BFI

23. findfilm's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

Idiosyncratic - a mere 23 minutes of what feels like an indulgent and experimental exercise in the melding of synthesised music, baroque opera, modern ballet and goth-horror. The film is held together with a series of textual frames describing the decline into madness of the heiress to the Winchester rifle fortune so a history lesson at least is the tangible gain from the time taken to watch this quite unique film.

24. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Sarah Winchester, Phantom Opera

A stunning and intriguing short performance piece that briefly sketches out the tragic life of Sarah Winchester, and the creation of the famous "Winchester Mystery House". Atmospheric, informative, and surprisingly moving.