1. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

2. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Finney gives a superb central performance in this authentic look at the typical life of a working man, looking forward to the weekend, and looking forward to avoiding the mistakes of others while making all new ones of your own.

3. ajdehany's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Sillitoe's own screenplay of his debut novel is excellent but somehow lacks something that the richer texture of a novel possesses to dramatise Arthur's psychological change. The film has less impact, even though it's faultness and Finney is compelling.

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

7.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2IZ

5. Steve G.'s rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Good on Mubi for not including a subtitle option.

6. Superfrog's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

A good watch, visually and intellectually, and a chance to see a representation of the working class of the time, its social flexibility, its aspirations and the work conditions.

7. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Whatever people say I am, that's what I'm not! - Iconic for Finney's debut as the poster boy for a country of angry young men. It's a landmark film & still encapsulates a certain charm & romance for the bygone era, although its biting slice-of-life narrative lacks punch today. With the likes of Morrissey & Alex Turner drawing inspiration from the film it's very hard not to be swept up in the working class melodrama.

8. Al Green's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

A great portrayal of the malaise of a young, working class lad who wants more out of life than the gradual comfort and security afforded to his parents in a dead end job in a post war industrial town.

9. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Very British film "any one fancy a pint?"

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Avec l'écrivain Alan Sillitoe au scénario, Albert Finney débutant devant la caméra, Freddie Francis devant l'objectif, Tony Richardson comme producteur et Karel Reisz pour son premier long métrage, un résultat incontournable de probité et d'efficacité, fleuron du "Free Cinéma britannique", un mouvement cinématographique novateur, contestataire à contre-courant des productions anglaises de l'époque. www.cinefiches.com

11. Pedderrs's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Surely one of the more memorable screen debuts in British cinema history. Albert Finney is mesmerising as cantankerous factory worker Arthur Seaton in this fearless kitchen sink drama of 1960. Commentating on everything from adultery to abortion at a time when such things were considered taboo, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning offers an entertaining and profound insight into working class Britain. Flawless.

12. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

The protagonist is likable, even though he’s really kind of an asshole. As I understand it, this is pretty much the template for the “angry young man” pictures of the British New Wave. Solid, but not my favorite from this particular film movement.

13. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

14. 'king Harold's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

15. D.J. Devereux's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

This is the greatest achievement in British Cinema. The message, not just dealing with socio class issues of segregation but actually playing a Marxist devils advocate and dealing with young men who want to "The Man" must suffer a mans consequence in this life. The greatest Cinematographer in British Film history Freddie Francis BSC, captures the industrialism of the north so cinematically. Its Magical, True & Pure

16. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

17. letters never sent's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

When I was heavily into the mod culture, this was one of the name-checked films along with Billy Liar, Loneliness of The Long Distance Runner, & other kitchen sink dramas featuring the young defiant & dissatisfied youth of Britain. I wonder how accurate these portrayed the slice of life during those times. I must say they there's a certain charm, and I can see Morrissey's fascination.

18. Aflwydd's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

The first true British beat generation film that I've seen. It captured the 'live for the moment' attitude of the Beats pretty well and thankfully didn't go down the route of films like 'Pull My Daisy' that romanticised the movement to an embarrassing point.

19. Brandon Nowalk's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Grimmest carnival ride shot ever.

20. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Probably 3 1/2 but I'm rounding up. Similar to Room at the Top in the sense its a film about another young bastard caught up between two women and being bad to them. No culture clashes in this one. Just lower middle class folks living it up & creating drama for themselves. A bit overlong and too on the nose at times especially at the start. Other than that, its a solid film & again great DP work by Freddie Francis.

21. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Personal to me, the pitfalls of falling into a job and a bar lifestyle that at a young and impressionable age corners many men into the traps of aging. Modern to it's core.

22. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Excellent work from Kitchen Sink Reality.

23. Lewis's rating of the film Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Just watched and enjoyed this a lot.