1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

2-3. It's an intentional desolation of its source material that sucks the magic away from its abstract evocations (like receiving the flame of vitality from the divine mother) by scoring with little more than wind, and peppering the story with frequent outbursts of psychotic laughter. But the bigger issue is the way the movie ceases any kind of momentum for about an hour, making its hero a victim of happenstance.

2. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

3. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

Fellini called it a science fiction film, but one set in the distant past. Certainly it's a work that transports its audience to a world beyond imagination; casting us in the role of alien anthropologist; here to excavate the ruins of human experience to find the stories within. It's Fellini at the peak of his abilities; filling every inch of the frame with dazzling sequences, grotesque images, humor, horror, poetry.

4. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

4.4 Impressive images abound. The decadence seemed a bit too contrived. I didn't´t miss a plot.

5. emanuela's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

il primo film che ho visto di fellini

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

7. ermete polpette's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

8. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

agora sim, já acredito nos gregos e nos romanos

9. the prince's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

Great idea, but the film is a bit over the top and very unrealistic . . . but I enjoyed it anyway

10. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

11. ceknklsn's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

12. Ethan's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

This is one of Fellini's craziest films but it is beautiful crazy.

13. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

Man, Satyricon is so hard to watch. That's a huge change of pace for Fellini considering totally his movies are generally very welcoming, and his characters are sympathetic. Not so much for this one. I don't think I could watch it again, but I'm glad I did. I'll say the colours are excellent.

14. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

15. Martin's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

Lo mejor de "Satiricón" es sin duda su puesta en escena. La escenificación de Fellini es carnavalesca, plagada de contrastes y rostros burlescos. Su trama sin embargo no deja de ser irregular. Hay una estructura que merecía una división entre capítulos. La conexión entre las aventuras de este héroe que se asocia con la mitología no tiene grandes giros; son meras secuencias y vicisitudes.

17. Otavio Magnani's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

Fellini's Satyricon is an Dionysian celebration of humanity. Visually, it is a magnificent spectacle, rich with sensual colors and beauty which reminds us of the old frescoes of Pompeii. This is a primitive, violent, sexual dream voyage to the ancient world as seen by that amazing imaginative mind that was Fellini's. Many of the characters leave a permanent impression on the viewer, and I particulary enjoyed Gitone.

18. A47's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

19. Jason's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

I would not be very fond of Satyricon if I decided for myself that it was a riposte to the excesses of the time (the late-60s). I am, rather, forced to see it as a sort of queasy celebration of the pan-sexual, pagan cast of our species activity when we back up and study it from a distance. This is what any era-cluster looks like from outer space. Glad I waited and wasn't introduced to Satyricon on pan-and-scan VHS.

20. Rocco's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

Way back in my teens this was the first Fellini I ever watched (dubbed and heavily edited) and I swore off the guy. Jump forward to today, 8 1/2 is my favorite film and I gave this another watch. Suddenly it's an unfiltered, difficult masterpiece from a director at his most ambitious. THIS is what people are referencing when they say "Felliniesque." Plus, the male eye candy isn't half bad...

21. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

22. Richie Hayes's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

Is it a five star film. What the fuck is it?

23. Minu's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

A blow for the mind. This is how a journey through the soul of an artist should look like.

24. José Neves's rating of the film Fellini Satyricon

Cinematography by Giuseppe Rotunno.