1. msmichel's rating of the film Sauna

A masterful blend of historical drama and the horror genre results in a fresh take on both that brings to mind both Tarkovsky and Hammer horror. The plotting keeps one riveted to the screen throughout until its grand guignol style finale. Performances are very good especially the two leads Ville Virtanen and Tommi Eronen. Production values are excellent.

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Sauna

Sauna is about the futility of forgiveness through religion (simply our actions have already taken effect, thus one has to deal with its real-world repercussions) but it takes the film's entire runtime to come to that prolonged conclusion. The abstractly metaphorical final act also unsuccessfully covers up the thinness of the narrative weight. There are some good dramatic moments strewn throughout, though.

3. Enkiled's rating of the film Sauna

4. Absentia's rating of the film Sauna

5. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Sauna

It had potential to be great but failed.

6. sfcugura's rating of the film Sauna

The movie was wonderful, the cinematographic experience is unforgettable, the atmosphere leaves such a melancholic feeling in your chest. Personally, I love horror movies that have a distinct poetic sub-tone with a hint of homo homini lupus est :P However, the only remark I have is that the movie was far too short for my taste (only 1h 19min), but on the other hand, maybe prolonging the plot would be kitsch...

7. J. O.'s rating of the film Sauna

Still one of the most gorgeous and innovative genre films to surface in years. Everything - from the large, sparse locations to the excruciatingly detailed costumes and maps - is perfect. Technically the image is crystal clear, but from the story the film has a grittiness that feels like hundreds of years of filthy history has wiped itself against the lens. "Sauna" is a beautiful and subversive experience.

8. mannequinlegs's rating of the film Sauna

9. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Sauna

Cool movie with atmosphere to spare. The end however didn,t really do it for me.

10. Janar's rating of the film Sauna

Really beautiful stuff. Malick does horror

11. marlonamaral's rating of the film Sauna

Not a horror, not creepy, just boring!

12. professorglum's rating of the film Sauna

13. Roobarb's rating of the film Sauna

It has been too long since I have seen a film that made me feel *so much*. This is one of the best horror movies (nay, one of the best movies, in general) that I have ever, ever seen. Magnificent.

14. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Sauna

Never have I ever seen so much filth but felt really satisfied after. It made me jump out of my seat, nothing has done that since Hideo Nakata's Ringu (1998)! Excellent..excellent horror!

15. Joseph Sylvers's rating of the film Sauna

Scary, cerebral, and visually stunning. Shorthand it's like a Thomas Ligotti story directed by Andrie Tarkovsky and the probably creepiest horror film since Kiyoshi Kurosawa's "Cure".

16. Valu2009's rating of the film Sauna

Superb and scary atmosphere, I loved it.