1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Scanners

Wow that was bad. Maybe the worst movie ever. At the very least it is tied with Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. Some of the worst Foley ever, too. Poor Jacks’s ears bled, I’m sure of it. Oh well, at least I don’t have to know what it is like being a woman watching this garbage.

2. smndvdcl's rating of the film Scanners

The diabolical genius of David Cronenberg. His kitsch rough-around-the-edges magnum opus perhaps?

3. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Scanners

4. joycexjdu's rating of the film Scanners

My first Cronenberg did not disappoint!

5. DenoResandono's rating of the film Scanners

SCANNERS is one of the most entertaining movie from director David Cronenberg. Since it was released in 1981, I think there is an originality in its storytelling. The plot is straight-forward & easy to follow. His trademark of body horror is quite thrilling in this movie. SCANNERS maybe not a perfect movie. Because I feel there are some pacing issues in its plot. I will never forget that head-explosion scene. Great!

6. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Scanners

7. Krish sanghvi's rating of the film Scanners

8. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Scanners

I know about the super duper subtext that any boring (internet) critic would cite, but to me it's probably the cutest in Cronenberg's oeuvre. Especially when the scanner hacks a computer by phone with his funny faces.

9. Kotryna's rating of the film Scanners

I don't care, it's beautiful

10. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Scanners

11. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Scanners

Probably my least favourite Cronenberg in that in style, tone and the basics of its narrative, it's not that dissimilar from paranoid conspiracy thrillers of the same period, which is not a genre I enjoy. Truthfully, I found it a little dull and am not proud to say that I spent much of the time waiting for the infamous head explosion.

12. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Scanners

genuin question: why is "everyone" so into croneberg?

13. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film Scanners

14. The Macho King's rating of the film Scanners

That lead was wooden as fuck, i felt like i was watching Keanu Reeves great grandfather attempting to perform Macbeth on celluloid. HAL 9000 from 2001 could of conveyed more range of emotions and delivered a more life like performance than the ridiculously lackluster Mr. Lack(ing).

15. josh scam's rating of the film Scanners

more exposition and less explosions pls

16. DSPRKY's rating of the film Scanners

Typically Cronenbergian (uncomfortable, bordering on sterile) and entertaining. He might not belong on the list of most technically competent directors, but his films are always fun to consider.

17. ñiñiñi's rating of the film Scanners

no pero que onda el arte agilao y la historia buena

18. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Scanners

Early body revulsion piece from Cronenberg, although the greater horror is reserved for more sinister corporate and institutional controls (no less relevant now). Drawing on then-fashionable themes of telekinesis (Carrie, The Fury, etc) and broader conspiratorial motifs, it doesn't elaborate on the central conceit with the early promise giving way to a conventional thriller with little moral or scientific substance.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film Scanners

Une sociéte secrète, la CONSEC, est à la recherche de scanners afin de dominer le monde. Ces scanners sont des personnes possédant un don télépathique capable d'influencer le psychisme d'autrui ..... D'une singulière originalité ! www.cinefiches.com

20. tyb's rating of the film Scanners

The main problem with Scanners compared to other typical Cronenberg films is that the telepathy is itself visually uninteresting, and endless scenes of staring gets cheesy quickly, even with an excellent score. There are a few exceptions, but overall it fails to invoke the visceral horror expected, and the somewhat messy plot doesn't help much.

21. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Scanners

I remain always fascinated by Cronenberg’s direction. He has an odd sense of space and color, something that gives his movies a very distinct, disturbing quality. He’s like a low-brow Kubrick in his aesthetics.

22. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Scanners

"Brothers should be close, DON'T YOU THINK?!" Really stands out as unique and unpredictable. (Effects-hounds will be in heaven)

23. Rūdolfs R. Vītoliņš's rating of the film Scanners

Interesting body horror with strong early 80s zeitgeist, but somehow not surreal enough for my taste.

24. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Scanners

2-3. About halfway through is when the plot really starts to collapse in on itself from complications. How exactly is is that Darryl runs a company owned by Consec when Consec apparently considers him a dangerous individual? What's more, how can he run it without anyone being able to find him, etc.? Still, the early hallmarks of David Cronenberg's work make it an interesting watch in the context of his career.