1. FISCHER's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

Dernière œuvre (en couleur) du prolifique metteur en scène nippon (92 films) ce splendide mélodrame japonais qui rappelle par bien des aspects UNE AUTRE FULGURANCE du Septième Art, (le secret magnifique de Douglas Sirk) véritable chant du cygne d'un cinéaste qui a toujours été relégué (à tort) derrière l'indécrochable triumvirat formé par Ozu, Mizoguchi et Kurosawa... www.cinefiches.com

2. $ROBINROSA$'s rating of the film Scattered Clouds

Soft portrait of a miserable condition.

3. FILMSICK's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

one of the most beautiful Naruse's , dealing with the major theme of golden age japanese cinema - the struggle of people to living peaceful by the ideology of love which it was actually against tradition.

4. Vincent T's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

I find it typical and melodramatic, and even somewhat common. But the characters are cute, and the direction is not bad; I guess I'm a sucker for an engaging melodrama. Also, I'm not sure what happened to the pregnancy?

5. Kortirion's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

The ultimate anti-romance

6. waywardwaters's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

'Scattered Clouds' imputes a fate cruelly disturbed not once, but twice by the callous parting of chaos. Teetering on the fine edge of downfall, Mishima’s swansong is likewise Naruse’s valedictory exclamation: of man’s diminution, his utter futility in humanist "free will" and conscience further decimated by the impossibility of a foregone universal creed, denying evermore a union of souls undestined in the stars.

7. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

Along with LIGHTNING, this is Naruse's supreme masterpiece.

8. kit duckworth's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

with a premise far more melodramatic compared with the similar 'yearning', scattered clouds is anti melodrama / anti climax and wiser for it

9. kartina obskura's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

her hand in mine. hesitating eyes, diffident move. her hand in mine. he´s looking somewhere in the distance and i know. she´s at the stairs one step closer. tormented, fragile, with the smile of frightened sun. she´s one step closer. he sings to me, he wants me to be happy. how, i think. we´re one different life far away.

10. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Scattered Clouds

Melting... by that dangling ice pack on my forehead. Naruse's film's fabrics are of such delicate, tender threads, weaving intricate tapestries of love, so fragile, so vulnerable that they are bound to disintegrate by catastrophe or rapid erosion.

11. José Neves's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

cinematography by Yuzuru Aizawa.

12. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

13. joey Noodles's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

Possibly only Floating Clouds can better this in Naruse's cannon (granted I haven't seen them all). This film has a really profound effect on the viewer, it is somewhat indescribable, but this is an almost perfect film. 5/5

14. Lumenal's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

15. Mohtar's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

Very beautiful portrayals of a tragic romance. This movie is what they called save the best for last. Beaut

16. Adam Suraf's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

Naruse's last film, an elegant, depressing romance between a widow and the remorseful driver who accidentally killed her husband. As with Naruse's best films, which this is one, the conventions of society, economy, modesty, and tradition act as barriers to any kind of long term happiness. With a sweeping, typically lovely score by Toru Takemitsu.

17. Glynford's rating of the film Scattered Clouds

An English subtitled version exists of this film.