1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Marianne and Johan are paralyzed by generational pressure, material pursuits, and societal expectations on what a marriage should look like. This is all pretty obvious, but this viewing I noticed a pattern in their conversations. There is a disconnect between what is said and what is felt, which surfaces again and again, episode after episode. There is no beginning or end to an argument or conversation.

2. Log Lady's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Emotionally draining. Through simple backdrops and personal experience, B speaks so many truths about the contradictions of relationships and marriage. The move from a static state of banal routine, lying to yourself, what married couples "should" be and constructed identities to the realization that love is always imperfect, that a romantic fairy tale is a lie, is fantastic to experience. Unlike anything in cinema.

3. postblueink's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

9/10 (04. 03. 2018). Всё это - это и есть Ингмар, не придумывающий, но приспосабливающий и анализирующий себя. Марианна - это мировая женщина, мученица, идеал Бергмана, лишь замалчивающая негатив, чтобы взорваться. Юхан - неуверенный тиран, боящийся детей, закомплексованный и любящий, изучающий измену. Иногда мужчина и женщина меняются местами, но в итоге это всё равно вариации единой личности Ингмара Бергмана.

4. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

5. Justine Vernera's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

6. Dzernera's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

pure and raw depiction of love and relationship, reaching well beyond the romantic mask we've taken as "real". suffering, pain and confusion is the price we pay for our strives to achieve togetherness and true companionship, and the way is more bumpy and harsh than we've been told it would be.

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

8. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Incredible beyond any words I could use to express.. An inspiration. Epitome of Art and Film. (Jul '17) Just watching this can ruin cinema for you. How close Bergman is and how far everyone else.. On another level in every way - Writing, Acting, Directing, Photography, Sound.. Instant Favorite, All time Top 10.

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Epic minutiae. A superbly modulated example of film (or as here, television; perhaps best suited to this form of existential microscopy) as mirror. Reflecting, dissecting then - to an extent - reconstructing, it subtly adds, or invites, layers of wise commentary on the frailties and vanities of life. Bergman's direction appears imperceptible until you realise - frequently - this is a master at work.

10. theyarehere's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

6/5 Now when I have given so many 5 stars to different films, I don't know what to give this one. It's like talking to yourself, only that you understand what you are saying.

11. s.birowo's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

A veridical bittersweet of marriage

12. Aardsy's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Bergman by Cassavetes, intimate, uncomfortable.

13. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

One of the Angst-Meister's finest. If your relationship is in an anxious state, I whole-heartedly recommend this purgatory of a Bergman. Afterwards: defenestration.

14. elenagallen's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

A slap and caress in the very soul.

15. Chris_Parker's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Arguably Bergman's greatest achievement.

16. Blumes's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Bergman comes down to Earth and digs up even more intricacies of love.

17. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

V foi uma esporra a sair do caralho que ainda entesava do III.

18. nein's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

The theatrical version is for the weak.

19. filippo's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

one of the most challenging and intense viewing experience that i've ever had.

20. auhasard's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

"We are emotional illetrates"

21. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Brutal retrato de un matrimonio en crisis y el inevitable divorcio. El episodio titulado "Los Analfabetas" es realmente intenso. En realidad, vi la versión cinematográfica y acortada. Espero tener la oportunidad de apreciar esta obra tal como fue concebida.

22. Nuno Ramalho's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Catastrophic. Devastating. Chapter III is suffocating and you can't help commiserating with all of this misery. Basically, alterity in a nutshell. I think we all must bow towards Bergman.

23. Angel's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

24. Monsieur Arkadin's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Television Version)

Every year that passes since I first saw this, the more frequently my mind drifts back towards it. This is a very special movie.