1. simona dumitriu's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

2. Shahriar Khan's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

Grisly yet fascinating, like the peeling and folding back of an eyelid.

3. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

[More like 3.5] Interesting deep analysis of marriage, its conflicts and 'stages', through amazing acting (mostly by Ullmann). Born as a 6h-long TV series, the movie has a better pace in its theatrical cut, yet still is a bit slow: divided in chapters, makes good use of ellipses – but not good enough to fully justify characters stuck in their role. To be clear: the message is well told, just a bit boring.

4. Quattro's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

A perfect blend of the television and cinematographic formats: the sobriety of the visuals enhances the sheer strength of the screenplay, while the ambitious duration lends the story the breath it needs. Brilliant use of the ellipses. Deeply autobiographical in all its little details, sweet and painful. I just didn't like how they left the children out of the question, though. And well, he was quite a dick at times.

5. MisterColo93's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

6. alice's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

Sono così fuori dalla realtà coloro che pensano: no, noi mai.

7. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

8. Ethan's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

This is one of the most honest films ever made about human relationships.

9. zdravk3's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

Une vision bergmanienne quasi entomologique du couple dans ses inévitables contradictions ..... www.cinefiches.com

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

12. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

*** for the play directed by Radu Jude

13. Chichago_'s rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

"Sometimes I hate you for what you did to me. I rejoice every hour that passes without a thought of you. I have friends, lovers, children, and a job I enjoy that I'm good at. Yet, I'm tied to you. I don't know why. Perhaps I'm a masochist, or else I'm just a one-man-woman."

14. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

15. bohemiancat's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

16. raggiodisole's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

Does what it says on the tin, brilliantly realised and absorbing

17. Kaonashiii's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

"Take the damn clock!" Captivating. Much brandy is drunk.

18. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

Great film, intense but light at times as well, excellent performances. Resonates personally, redeeming moments amidst the despair. Highly recommended, real film-making at its best.

19. SiIencio's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

This deconstruction of a marriage feels clinical. What is indeed an extremely personal & emotional connection between two is here disconnected from the spectator particularly when narrative & context have been omitted. Emotional swings & changes of heart take place without clues, their secrets zealously guarded down in the couple's souls. It is easy to feel emotionally detached, like feeling in the wrong place.

20. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

Utterly stunning portrait of the hell of a marriage that should never have been and yet it still plucks hope from the fire in the end.

21. miles's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

22. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

23. Superfrog's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

A bit too schematic for its own good. The film feels like it is trying to be deconstructing all marriages by stuffing all traditional ills of marriage in a single one. Then, if you remove this layer, the rest is spotty.

24. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Scenes from a Marriage (Theatrical Version)

I don't know if this film makes me want to never ever get married, or if it actually makes me want to marry just so I get to have awesome fights, filled with witty verbal abuse and the sharp passive-aggressive punches that can only occur after years of love/hate cohabitation.