1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film School for Scoundrels

2. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film School for Scoundrels

3. Ellie Groom's rating of the film School for Scoundrels

Having seen Private’s Progress and I’m All Right, Jack! recently, I was worried that I was overdoing it with Ian Carmichael’s nice-but-dim schtick. However, I must admit that the Boulting Brothers knew they had a good thing going with this lot.

4. James Devereaux's rating of the film School for Scoundrels

Wonderful, old school, ironic British comedy. They certainly do not make them like this anymore. Terry-Thomas on top form too.

5. Stu Witmer's rating of the film School for Scoundrels

Droll and dry British comedy with perfect casting and a hilarious laugh-out-loud punchline... wait for it!

6. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film School for Scoundrels

One of my adds! I was surprised to find this one missing from Mubi, since it features the quintessential Terry-Thomas performance. (And the rest of the cast ain't too shabby either.) It's one of those very British dark comedies that manages to feel remarkably light and breezy.

7. Kenji's rating of the film School for Scoundrels

An enjoyable old-fashioned comedy. A very upper class English lesson in how to shake off being a loser and instead win at tennis, get the smart car, the fine lady and become a smooth cad and bounder. As a teen I used the dirty rotten gamesmanship model at tennis to beat a much better player, with the help of two Chinese friends as spectators. And i look back now with not an ounce of regret or shame.