1. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film School of Rock

Richard Linklater's most mainstream film is also one of his least good ones. That is what I love about Linklater's work. He can go from Jack Black comedies to super experimental films and ambitious years long projects. This film is definitely Linklater having fun and doing something different (and getting a higher pay). School of Rock is a pretty cool and entertaining watch but kind of forgettable. Still 3.5 stars!

2. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film School of Rock

3. eleventries's rating of the film School of Rock

4. M.E. Funke's rating of the film School of Rock

Why is The Piano Teacher in the related films section

5. Cherry's rating of the film School of Rock

6. lisa's rating of the film School of Rock

the major Feel Good point behind this movie about rebellion and self expression is so funny because anyone who thinks rock music is subversive post 1990s is like wicked deluded..... but it's a fun time and a good thing to put on in the background

7. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film School of Rock

A perfect meeting of concept and star.

8. jonthelizard's rating of the film School of Rock

9. Ethan's rating of the film School of Rock

This is a fun little film that has a lot of heart. Jack Black has a way of being serious and funny all at the same time.

10. INZER's rating of the film School of Rock

11. Maria Helena's rating of the film School of Rock

12. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film School of Rock

The preeminent "Children's Intro to Being Punk As Fuck." I remember in my later teen years I was a little fixated on being indie cool, and so was a bit put off by the "rock canon" on display, but in my wiser years I have an appreciation for a movie that throws Zep, Ministry, Fugazi, Buzzcocks, and Stevie Nicks into the heap. Minus a star for the sexist, offensive wastage of Sarah Silverman as a shrieking harpy.

13. smndvdcl's rating of the film School of Rock

Naysayers jog on, Dewey redefines pedagogy, showcasing how maverick methods of education do have their place. Sub-cultural references to bands like Fugazi, Silverman's antagonist role confronting Black's, mind-maps on music sub-genres, ideological nuance showcasing positive subversion, all shine through. Linklater clearly makes a good father.

14. Marta Donati's rating of the film School of Rock

(3.5) What an absolute classic.

15. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film School of Rock

Jack Black ruining children's education but teaching them positivity and self-love is a noble conceit for this comedy where Joan Cusack gets to be very funny.

16. bmelis's rating of the film School of Rock

17. James Mackin's rating of the film School of Rock

"And the legend of the rent was WAY HARDCORE."

18. ughchenausea's rating of the film School of Rock

this could be good but: jack black.

19. Lintang A.'s rating of the film School of Rock

20. Star Lord's rating of the film School of Rock

Davvero un bel film con musiche di livello ed un Jack Black spassoso.

21. Mtume Gant's rating of the film School of Rock

Only Linklater movie I found watchable

22. antibody's rating of the film School of Rock

23. Vincent T's rating of the film School of Rock

why do I always catch this on TV?

24. baba lola's rating of the film School of Rock