1. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Scream 2

I love Scream (1996), it's one of the most original and creative films that the horror genre has to offer. However, I can't say the same thing about the sequel... I can't help but feel that this film just retreads the same territory as the first film. The best thing about this movie by far is Neve Campbell! It has a couple fun moments here and there, but it doesn't really over anything new which is a real shame.

2. Ade Hendy's rating of the film Scream 2

3. alimcintyre's rating of the film Scream 2

Plenty of action but ultimately rather boring. Two long by half an hour.

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film Scream 2

As good as the first one. Once again, it offered nothing new. But it was still intriguing, thrilling, have a lot of twists and turns. Also, you will see some whodunit theme in there. Too bad, they killed one of the interesting character...

5. ajdehany's rating of the film Scream 2

Told you I'd be right back...

6. janh24's rating of the film Scream 2

Too long. Wind it up, Wes!

7. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Scream 2

Another highly entertaining meta-film, this time reflecting the rules and the nature of a sequel, but also the impact of film on reality and vice versa. Not as clever as the first part but still very inventive.

8. Pedderrs's rating of the film Scream 2

Due in large part to both Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven agreeing to do the project, Scream 2 ends up being a worthwhile sequel, containing a lot of the same in-jokes and suspenseful set pieces that made the 1996 film such an overwhelming success. David Arquette is afforded far too much screen time however and none of the murder sequences can quite match the brilliance of the opening of Wes Craven's original.

9. dominique s.'s rating of the film Scream 2

I know all of Micky's lines from the stage scene.

10. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Scream 2

11. ceknklsn's rating of the film Scream 2

12. James Mackin's rating of the film Scream 2

While i understand the appeal in having a series like this continue, I wish it hadn't. It's was nice to see Timothy Olymphant and Roseanne's sister in this, but this is definitely a step down.

13. James Roth's rating of the film Scream 2

3.5 A really strong sequel, kept me guessing throughout and had a great sense of humour like the original. Looking forward to the 3rd film

14. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Scream 2

1997, dir. WES CRAVEN - 6/10 (USA)

15. JackButcher's rating of the film Scream 2

Here we go again more self-referential humour and unexpected plot devices.

16. HKFanatic's rating of the film Scream 2

The return of screenwriter Kevin Williamson ensures that "Scream 2" is able to retain at least some of what made the original work, including the hip, self-aware teen-speak dialogue and innate understanding of horror movie conventions. What this (admittedly rushed to theaters) sequel lacks is a cast of characters as charismatic as our first batch of kids or a satisfying motive behind all the carnage.

17. lasers8oclock's rating of the film Scream 2

Very similar to the original, not that that is a bad thing. The meta stuff is actually handled pretty cool. A great opening sequence. Once again we have a "guess the killer" mystery which is very fun to try and deduct the answer to... but the revelation left me feeling cheated. Unlike the original, the film doesn't give you enough info to come to the answer yourself before it just tells you. Still, worthwhile

18. MarcH's rating of the film Scream 2

The film-within-a-film angle is pretty impressive. Overall more fun than the original.

19. Seth Farmer's rating of the film Scream 2

20. Shelley's rating of the film Scream 2

Pretty good but nothing compared to the first one, obviously. Still worth a watch.

21. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Scream 2

22. 4LOM's rating of the film Scream 2

Im Großen und Ganzen besser, als ich ihn in Erinnerung hatte, nur der Showdown / die Auflösung ist immer noch so mies, wie vor 15 Jahren.

23. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Scream 2

Wes Craven studied Literature, Philosophy and Psychology at Baltimore University. And it shows. SCREAM 2 is a little jewel of invention dedicated to the mise-en-abîme of the horror genre. No wonder that the Cahiers du Cinema paid him an incredible homage a few months ago. Highly recommended.

24. Henrik Schunk's rating of the film Scream 2