1. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Scream

2. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Scream

when i first watched this as a kid i found nothing funny about it, now i cant find anything NOT funny about it

3. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Scream

For a frequently gimcrack genre that thrives on gimmick - then repetition - the meta-play at work melds both, deftly riffing on expectation - and then bloodily delivering on it. In-jokes aside (see Scary Movie for that: spoofing a pastiche...), this rises or falls on structure. However this is classically delivered with precision, being Craven’s most polished work with a genuine love for this most maligned of genres.

4. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Scream

Not as clever as it thinks it is, but as straight-up farce of nerd culture, it's not bad.

5. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Scream

"I was home watching television and uh..The Exorcist was on. Got me thinking of you. It was edited for TV,y'know,all the good stuff was cut out.Got me thinking of us. How 2 years ago we started off hot and heavy;nice solid R rating,on our way to an NC-17 and now things have changed and lately we're just sort of edited for television.(...)Sid, it's all a movie, all one great big movie. Only you can't pick your genre."

6. ceknklsn's rating of the film Scream

51/100 (Sonu şaşırtıcı değil, mantık hataları dolu, korku filmleri klişeleriyle dalga geçtikten 1 dk sonra o klişeleri kullanmak var. Yinede "Katil kim" sorusunu Hitchcock filmlerindeki gibi sordurması, eğlencesine izlemenin keyifli olması ve Halloween göndermeleri çok başarılı. Ama şunu da bu filmden sonra öğreniyoruz ki Wes Craven balon bir yönetmenmiş. Elm sokağı filmi de bu da overrated. Ayrıca Scary Movie 1...)

7. spasmolytic's rating of the film Scream

It might have self reflexively hit all the right rules of the slasher genre but I wouldn't know. All I know is it's not scary. And to me if a horror movie isn't scary, it broke rule number one of actually being a horror movie.

8. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Scream

An intelligent homage and final testament to the slasher genre - a genre that should have died years ago. This have fun with the cliches, have knowingly winks and a great "who dunnit" story combined with a fun Edvard Munch-costumed killer. The first scene is shockingly intense and Marco Bramilla's music is atmospheric and perfect. Should have been the genre's death song but sadly the opposite happened.

9. amandav's rating of the film Scream

10. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Scream

A part of the canon of movies I treasured as a child. Nostalgia, so much nostalgia.

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Scream

Certainement un des meilleurs films de Wes Craven, avec une ouverture magnifique, même si le film se délite vers la fin dans les clichés peut-être voulus... www.cinefiches.com

12. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Scream

When Paul Verhoeven saw the teenage sitcoms of the 1990s, he saw the roots of fascism. When Wes Craven saw the teenage sitcoms of the 1990s, he saw sexually-represed murderers. Both would turn out to be right.

13. Lola Finch's rating of the film Scream

14. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Scream

Manages to satirise, deconstruct and revitalise the slasher movie all at the same time. Far smarter and more cine-literate than they typically teen audience at the time would have understood. Rather than just a film school discussion piece however, this also has great horror chops and gore to spare. Some great set pieces and assured direction, especially the intro sequence

15. pintobean's rating of the film Scream

16. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Scream

As much about the psychology of personal narrative as it is a movie about movies. I never really got the hype for Wes Craven until this one

17. Vincent T's rating of the film Scream

18. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Scream

As a self-professed horror junkie I found this movie to be incredibly fun! In 1984 Wes Craven redefined the horror genre with the release of A Nightmare on Elm Street. In 1996 he does it again with Scream! This movie is a deconstruction of the slasher genre as a whole! It admittedly hasn't aged well in some areas, but that doesn't really bother me all that much. In fact, I think it just adds to the film's charm.

19. aedey's rating of the film Scream

Even better than my first view at 5th grade in elementary school!

20. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Scream

a little *too* self-aware, but still landmark

21. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Scream

22. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Scream

Sydney Prescott is way more badass than any of the final girl. She is tough as hell

23. Log Lady's rating of the film Scream

A solid 3.5 stars. When I saw Scream the first time, I was naive and clueless, but revisiting Craven's classic after 15 years was an entirely different experience. Hundreds of horror movies under my belt, I now appreciated the meta aspect, the constant references to other films, and the self-deprecating attitude to the slasher genre. A goofy satire, but also works as genuinely intense horror with a surprise ending.

24. First Lady Dré's rating of the film Scream

I'd forgotten how funny this is - also that the women are the tough guys.

← Previous 1 3 4 5