1. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Scrooge

I'd seen about a dozen adaptations of "A Christmas Carol" before this one, and it still managed to give me a whole new appreciation for the material. From the haunting moments to the joyous finale, I really felt every bit of the story. The visuals may have looked a bit dated, but still had their effectiveness. Sim was fantastic as the lead, and it's easy to see why he's many people's favorite Scrooge.

2. msmichel's rating of the film Scrooge

This 1951 telling of the Dickens' classic 'A Christmas Carol' is simply the best telling and is a time honoured holiday tradition for family viewing. Sim is perfectly cast as Scrooge and the journey he takes on Christmas Eve is as moving now as on first watch many, many Christmases ago.

3. Log Lady's rating of the film Scrooge

A faithful adaptation of Dickens's classic A Christmas Carol. However, being faithful in this case comes to a point where I would rather choose the book and enjoy Dickens's writing. Still, this version is atmospheric and Sim is absolute perfection as Scrooge, so I wouldn't really mind watching this during Christmas time instead of Capra's you-know-what.

4. Zach Closs's rating of the film Scrooge

FUCKING COLORIZED MOVIES, I SWEAR.

5. Cbarky99's rating of the film Scrooge

was really disappointed that I finally got to sit down and watch this....and it was a print that had been colourized

6. Burcu's rating of the film Scrooge

" I don't know anything, I never did know anything, and now I know that I don't know, all on a Christmas morning. "

7. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Scrooge

One of the finest adaptations that is closer to the book and portrayed perfectly.

8. Maximilian XXI's rating of the film Scrooge

My favourite take on the story.

9. Christopher Bentley Owen's rating of the film Scrooge

@DDRT Scrooge is the original British title. I think all available US home-viewing options do refer to it by the Dickens title.

10. ddrt's rating of the film Scrooge

Is it just me or did this movie used to be called "A Christmas Carol"?

11. Steve's rating of the film Scrooge

The best Christmas movie ever made.